Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 02:35 PM CDT
Hello, folks!

As was announced at Simucon, we have a pretty beefy new server coming for DragonRealms. The onsite folks have been getting things copied over and ready for some stress testing in DR:Test. We're scheduling a session for *TONIGHT at 8PM Eastern* in DragonRealms Test. At the moment, the test instance has a dated copy, but they're working to get it sync'd up with Prime. It may be up and down a bit over the next couple of hours for that process.

Expect crazy invasions, expect to die (don't forget HEALME), and expect strange behavior. We'll be hitting Twitter and Facebook around testing time as well as some in-game announcements. If you can pop over for a while and hunt, check your vaults, die, depart, cast spells (particularly AOE) and basically anything else active (don't just stand around!), we'd appreciate it!

The more folks we can have over there testing out, the better chance we have to expose anything that may act strangely. Plat/TF characters are welcome, but you may need GM assistance to copy your character over.

Hope to see you around 8PM Eastern tonight!

Zadraes
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 07:08 PM CDT
I hope the new copy over fixes my character in test. Last time I was testing, every time I took out something from a container, or put something in one, I would get my full worn inventory listed every time.

Also, all of my set options were set set to ! each time I logged in. Furthermore, the only windows that were showing up for me were the main story window and after a while the room window would show up. The list of windows wouldn't show anything else.
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 07:32 PM CDT
Someone broke it!
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 07:34 PM CDT
We did it, boys! We brought it down!

Poking onsite. Hopefully back up soon for more testing. Keep an eye here or on Facebook!

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
>Someone broke it!

Or they took it offline. If that's all it took to break it...

~Faih
Was fun while I was able to stick around! Sorry I couldn't stay later, but Wednesday's are my one non-DR commitment night.

Highlights for me:
1. Multiple mass murders via TKS.
2. Getting stuck in a rogue moongate HEALME death loop.
3. >look xyng
You are Humperdink Xyngleburt Pfeffernusse.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 07:35 PM CDT
The loop was fun to watch :D

~Faih
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 07:40 PM CDT
I didn't even get to make a zombie elpalzi I'm very disappointed and want a refund :v

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 07:41 PM CDT
Splains why I couldn't log in.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 07:49 PM CDT
We're back!

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 07:53 PM CDT
And gone again?

~Faih
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 07:54 PM CDT
Yup, but onsite is in game with us now, faster recovery inc.

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 08:03 PM CDT
We're back. Avoiding that thing that blew up for now.

Continue the fun!

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/16/2015 09:34 PM CDT
Ok! We're winding down the testing for tonight. Much crazy was had, and aside from my goofy tool that crashed us twice, things seemed in good shape!

Please feel free to continue testing. Vaults, homes, crafting (and gathering), trader shops, trader POCs, guild abilities, spells, etc. While it may look and feel the same, there are some behind-the-scenes changes, and the more thorough we can be with testing now, the less likely something obscure hits us later. If you do run across anything strange, please post it here, and we'll make sure the right folks see it!

If we need to schedule another test night, we'll send out word! Thank you to everyone who joined us tonight on such short notice!

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/17/2015 05:08 PM CDT
Just for fun, here's the log of my moongate death loop:

> prep mg

>
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
That won't affect your current attunement very much.

You focus your sense of touch on the energies in the air while chanting the mantra for the Moongate spell.
>
> cast kata

You gesture.
A brief wave of disorientation washes outward as reality itself tears wide open, forming a rogue Moongate tinged with screaming, razor-edged shadows.
You are stunned!

S>
A voidspawn emerges from the screaming Moongate.

S>
S> S>
S>
Chatter[Yanbelev] you've been bein dead, an we've been makin fun of yer, so... I'd guess not?

S>
Sarkranis puts her medallion in her camlet pack.
S>
You feel fully rested.

S>
Aenk says, "It's probably like tier 932."
S>
S>
S>
S>
Binu asks, "Ooh, where's the bow?"
S>
S>
Binu grins at Aenk.
S>
S>
Jhustis shrills a low whistle.
S>
S>
S>
S>
The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around Yamott.
S>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.

S>
The sun (Sur1) nears the far horizon as the clear blue sky deepens into a rich indigo.
S>
You hear a hungry squeaking sound coming from the direction of the pond!
S>
Binu begins to carefully examine a glaes and kertig-alloy katana capped with an ornate dragonfire amber pommel.
S>
S>
S>
S>
A wave of wild teleportational energy erupts from the screaming gate and washes over you! The assault is maliciously short of complete obliteration, granting you a few seconds of awareness as your body is torn apart.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 144 minutes.

DEAD>
You hear a voidspawn breathing slowly.

DEAD>
Aenk covers his eyes with his hand.
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
A voidspawn shatters as if it were made of hollow black glass.

DEAD> say Someone chatter something?
You ask, "Someone chatter something?"
DEAD>
Chatter[Yanbelev] Quick, while he's dead!

DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD> say Yup can hear it
You say, "Yup can hear it."
DEAD>
Caidie's BFF Riverlynn just arrived.

DEAD> healme

You are healthy now! GET UP!
You feel the weakness imparted by your recent death slowly fade away.

P>
P>
chatt Yup heared it
A wave of wild teleportational energy erupts from the screaming gate and washes over you! The assault is maliciously short of complete obliteration, granting you a few seconds of awareness as your body is torn apart.

You feel like you're dying!

Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

DEAD>
That would be difficult in your current state.

DEAD>
Chatter[Sarkranis] something

DEAD>
Morlen says, "Yeah. Chatter should work dead or not."
DEAD> lol

DEAD>
You laugh, the sepulchral sound echoing through the room.
DEAD>
DEAD> DEAD> lol
DEAD> lol
DEAD> lol
DEAD>
Slayer of Doom Yamott goes north.

DEAD> healme

P>
Chatter[Mistanna] No no, you're supposed to say silent while he's dead so it messes up the experiment.

P> dance
You leap to your feet!

>
Sarkranis lands an awesome (13/23) strike that painfully jabs the mirror knife underneath a nail on Morlen's hand, lightly stunning her.
Sarkranis grimaces in obvious pain, stunned.

>
>
>
>
Sarkranis lands a very heavy (9/23) hit that tears a small piece of skin from the left calf.

>
>

You feel yourself falling...

DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
Binu laughs!
DEAD>
Jhustis snickers.
DEAD>
DEAD>
Nohn chuckles.
DEAD>
DEAD>
Sarkranis leaps from hiding and ambushes Morlen!
Sarkranis lands a powerful (11/23) strike that lightly pierces the left forearm, lightly stunning her.

DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD> say Okay thgat's hilarious
You say, "Okay thgat's hilarious."

DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
Aenk begins to carefully examine a T'Kashi mirror claymore.
DEAD> healmea
Please rephrase that command.
DEAD> DEAD>
DEAD> healme

P>
Sarkranis lands a powerful (11/23) strike that tears the left leg from the socket when the mirror knife gets jammed between thigh and hip.

P>
Riverlynn grins at you.
P>
P> dance
You leap to your feet!

>
>
>
Sarkranis lands a hard (6/23) hit that ruptures the artery under the left bicep, stunning her.

>
Chatter[Yanbelev] I canee tell when he's dead or not, he's doing a great job of it, though.

>
Binu puts his katana in his leather satchel.
>
>

DEAD>
Binu moves a T'Kashi mirror axe to his right hand.
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
Sarkranis lands an extremely heavy (10/23) hit that drives the mirror knife under the sternum to pierce the heart.

* Morlen is slain before your eyes!
Morlen's glaes katana falls to the ground.

A uniformed city guard approaches the listings board, retrieving a parchment scroll from his belt and tacking it on the board. As the guard walks away, you notice the scroll announces that Sarkranis is wanted for the crime of murder.
A panicked scream pierces the air. "Murderer!" You notice the nearby citizenry staring at Sarkranis briefly, before most quickly run off in fear.

DEAD>
Binu picks up a T'Kashi mirror claymore.

DEAD> dance
Your corpse twitches feebly.
DEAD>
DEAD> healme

P>
P>
P>
Binu says, "Ap ster axe quick."
P>
Apprentice Ranger Adlyn just arrived.

P>
Morlen stands up.

P>
Binu begins to carefully examine a sterak axe.
P>
P>
P>
Binu says, "Oops."
P>

DEAD>
say So I think I broke moongate
You say, "So I think I broke moongate."

DEAD> lol
DEAD>
Binu begins to carefully examine a sterak axe.
DEAD>
DEAD>
You hear a hungry squeaking sound coming from the direction of the pond!
DEAD>
Whiteburn casually observes the area.
DEAD> healme
Sarkranis assumes a tense stance, concentrating on something.
You're able to decipher telltale signs of the Guardian Spirit spell. (Empath: basic utility)
DEAD>

P> dance
You leap to your feet!

>
Chatter[Yanbelev] And, then, there's .... Uritel, ... thinkin way too hard,

>
>
> > >

DEAD>
DEAD> lol

DEAD>
Chatter[Uritel] do it hard or do it right

DEAD>
DEAD>
Heresiarch Uritel just arrived.
DEAD>
DEAD>
Heresiarch Uritel just arrived.

DEAD>
Aenk picks up a T'Kashi mirror claymore.

DEAD>
DEAD>
Binu begins to carefully examine a battle bow.
DEAD>
Whiteburn just edged a little closer to the katana!
DEAD>
DEAD>
Aenk begins to carefully examine a T'Kashi mirror claymore.
DEAD>
Adlyn grins at Uritel.
DEAD>
Chatter[Yanbelev] Har!

DEAD>
Chatter[Mistanna] Uhm...

DEAD>
Nohn begins to carefully examine a sterak axe.
DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
Riverlynn leans back against Uritel with a loving smile.
DEAD>
DEAD>
Katamba (Def1) slowly rises above the horizon.
You sense an overall increase in Lunar mana.
DEAD>
Jhustis looks as if she were concentrating for a second, then a devious grin spreads across her face.
DEAD>
DEAD>
The rogue Moongate collapses in on itself.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/17/2015 05:14 PM CDT
hahahaha I love moon mages

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/19/2015 02:14 AM CDT
If our forums had a "like" button .. I'd click it more than once.

/salute

-Ssra
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 09/19/2015 03:09 PM CDT
Are any GMs going to be in test today? I have a spell issue I'd like to show to one of you.
Re: Stress Testing DR: Test! 10/01/2015 12:24 PM CDT
Can we have a Giant Festival Sized Auction in Test, see how that works.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.