cards and figurines 08/14/2004 10:34 PM CDT
I see a lot of figurines laying around, is there some sort of display box/case we could have for these (I'm thinking along the lines of those shadowboxes our moms had hanging on the wall)?

Also, could we fashion some sort of game using the cards or fashion a new set of cards that can be used to play a card game like Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokemon? As a furthering of this idea, any chance we could create some...err, RPGs and perhaps give them collectible figurines to be used in those games (maybe the barbarians have a game called Warhammer, heh)?

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: cards and figurines 08/14/2004 11:49 PM CDT
I have to say, I like the idea of having a simple trading card game in DR. Would add a nice dimension of whimsey and competetition to the game. As for minitures games and RPG's . . .

"You throw open the door, and a group of six goblins are sitting around a table strewn with large books and polyhedral dice. The larger, meaner-looking goblin is saying to the others in Goblinese, 'You throw open the door, and a group of six humans are sitting around a table strewn with large books and polyhedral dice. The scrawniest, dorkiest-looking human is saying to the others in Common, "You throw open the door and a group of six goblins are sitting around a table . . . ." ' "
Re: cards and figurines 08/15/2004 07:23 AM CDT
Rocks fall, everybody dies.

I am Pep-tog
Re: cards and figurines 08/16/2004 11:59 AM CDT
i dont want a CCG as much as I would like a second collection. a different brand maybe, i dont know maybe a critter collection, would have to be a different card with a different case. i think that down the road this would add to card collectors. then you could be a collector of sets of cards. with a case of sets. ok bye now

Verbal
Re: cards and figurines 08/16/2004 05:45 PM CDT
I was aiming the Game to be a side-effect of sorts to the collection. You could simply collect them like baseball cards (as we do now), or you could play a game with them like Pokemon/Yu-gi-oh/Magic: the Gathering cards where you have to manage offense/defense and let the game decide the outcome (Roshambo meets Magic: The Gathering).

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: cards and figurines 08/16/2004 06:08 PM CDT
I believe when they released cards, they purposely stayed away from 'gaming cards'. Besides, I think it would be somewhat of a waste of coding time... you can play those things in real life. I'd rather have development geared towards events, P5, new guild releases, new races... the list goes on. Point is, why waste a developers time to do something you can already do in real life.

Ristyl
Re: cards and figurines 08/25/2004 11:27 AM CDT
forget new races and guilds, bards aren't near completion, and not every guild has it's 100 circle quest yet.

Zildjan / Mibe

The Warrior Bard Mage

M.I.A. - Since 1999
Re: cards and figurines 08/26/2004 09:24 AM CDT
Does any guild have a 100th circle quest yet? Im pretty certain the WM guild does not. When the news came out that the 100th reqs for nearly (most notably absent are the Traders) every guild was ready it was asked if we should be waiting for the 100th quest to be completed/coded before enacting the reqs. It got huge flak from most players saying why should we wait for the coding? Then DR2 came about and i think the 100th circle quests went right into the dust bunny bin. I havent heard a peep about it since.

Rehlyn

The strongbox just bounced out of the room near a low tunnel!
You waggle a finger at a marine creature.
Re: cards and figurines 08/26/2004 01:10 PM CDT
<<Does any guild have a 100th circle quest yet? Im pretty certain the WM guild does not. When the news came out that the 100th reqs for nearly (most notably absent are the Traders) every guild was ready it was asked if we should be waiting for the 100th quest to be completed/coded before enacting the reqs. It got huge flak from most players saying why should we wait for the coding? Then DR2 came about and i think the 100th circle quests went right into the dust bunny bin. I havent heard a peep about it since.>>

To be honest, I've never understood the point to having a circle 100 quest in the first place. Achieving circle 100 is a big milestone there's no doubt but the fact is, life goes on. Put in quests to gain abilities if you must but circling is circling.

Gizella