Moss Meys 07/07/2007 10:27 AM CDT
I am a 26th Circle war mage and just started hunting moss meys in Aesry. I noticed that none of my TM spells seem to affect them including aether based spells. I know that aether spells affect non-corporeal undead, but was surprised to see that it didn't affect meys. Is this the case with all corporeal undead? Thanks for the help.
Re: Moss Meys 07/07/2007 10:38 AM CDT
Moss-Meys are a wierd critter they're Incorp till they're killed then the curse is lifted or something and they're corpreal again. I never knew that Aether spells affected incorps but that being said all undead have some pretty powerful magic resistance.

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
Re: Moss Meys 07/07/2007 11:26 AM CDT
Actually, moss meys are non-corpereal undead. Which means magics other than holy can't hurt them. But you can use them to buff yourself.

Now, with corpereal undead, elemental magic can indeed hurt the critters.

It can get annoying keeping all that straight, can't it?

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Moss Meys 07/07/2007 01:14 PM CDT
>I know that aether spells affect non-corporeal undead

I'm curious where you got this, because that seems contradictory to my experience.

-Durnil
Re: Moss Meys 07/07/2007 01:17 PM CDT
Non-holy magic is not supposed to work on non-corp, I thought.

But why would you want to hunt non-corp stuff anyway, it's a hassle even for a cleric. Better things at that range really.
Re: Moss Meys 07/07/2007 03:26 PM CDT
I thought I had seen that aether lash and lance affect death spirits but I could be wrong. Thanks again for all of the responses though.