What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/05/2006 09:16 AM CST
Okay, is there anything undead to hunt in P5 for a cleric in the circle of 25? Looking for something undead, somewhere new for lower level. I'm not as familiar with undead hunting.

~Eoworfinia~
A snow goblin reaches down and gently pets your corpse, then quickly looks about to make sure no one noticed.
Re: What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/05/2006 09:20 AM CST
Blight bats are cursed and seem to work fairly well.

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.
Re: What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/05/2006 09:22 AM CST
Thanks! I was thinking those might be around the right level to try. That whole area makes me want to play a cleric to experience it all, so I'm glad there is something there I could hunt as a cleric.

~Eoworfinia~
A snow goblin reaches down and gently pets your corpse, then quickly looks about to make sure no one noticed.
Re: What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/05/2006 11:53 AM CST
hmmm I think Blight bats might clean your clock. Depends on your skills really, but I would suggest Tommy knockers might be about right for you. After that maybe bloodvines, but be prepared to thin the swarms out with DR or Harm Evil.

I think- and someone can correct me I am sure that undead progress something like this in P5

tommyknockers
bloodvines
maiden tresses
dryads
bats
blight ogres

There are things above ogres I can't think of at the moment- some sort of wraith near ogres which is probably the next step up.

Flavius
Re: What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/05/2006 12:36 PM CST
you're completely wrong

tommyknockers 50 - 80
bats (cursed for clericy goodness) 80 - 140
bloodvines 100 - 160
maidens tresses 110 - 180 (spawn stinks)
dryads 140 - 200

~Arwinia

Re: What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/05/2006 02:55 PM CST
are the tommyknockers undead? Just curious. Thanks for the list with skills I've been wondering about the Forfehdar critters for a while.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.
Re: What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/05/2006 03:07 PM CST
>>are the tommyknockers undead?

No, they're easily manipulated

~Arwinia

Re: What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/06/2006 12:10 PM CST
Well I would hardly say completely wrong, those were just my suggestions. Personally, I suggest anyone try them out and see what works for them- your list is far better than mine though. The Bats-Ogre area is so close together its easy to try them out.
Re: What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/06/2006 05:32 PM CST
What stats/skills help empaths to manipulate?

Player of Pormithius
Re: What to hunt in P5 for undead? 12/06/2006 06:26 PM CST
>>What stats/skills help empaths to manipulate?

--Empathy (duh)
--Concentration
--magic average or something relative to the magic skillset (this helps beat down the critters magic resistance)

Those are the three I know are directly involved based on anecdotal evidence from all 5 contibutors to the List.Discipline (dunno) and Charisma (likely) might also play a role on the empath side, but I'm not sure if other skills play any special role (would actually kinda make sense if PP did). Incidentals like using Perc Health prior might even help out, but I don't think we'd have any real way to test for that.

On the critter side, aside from their magic resistance I'm not sure what goes into the check. Dunno if they are as detailed stat-wise as PCs or if they are set up with a simple Offense/Defense rating instead.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html