Ur Hrrki'izh 09/14/2006 10:43 AM CDT
I know these guys aren't hunted all that frequently due to the disease they cause, but has anyone done any experimentation with it?

I've had good luck lately fighting off some infections, sores, and the consumption epidemics, and I'm noticing that I'm reasonably resilient in general. I'm just wondering if the disease from the hrrki'izh is comparable to other sources of disease, or if it's ramped up enough that it's just not feasible to be exposed to without having an empath on call for immediate assistance.

30 stamina, for what it's worth.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Your lungs flame in agony as you double over in a spasm of uncontrolled hacking. As you stand up you notice a faint trickle of blood running down your chin.
You run a finger down the length of your viper amulet.
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/14/2006 11:49 AM CDT
I only had 25 stamina when I hunted there semi-regularly, mainly for TM training while hunting first-tier snobs for boxes.

My experience was that once they hit me, I had about 20 minutes to find an empath. Make sure you're carrying some holy oil and water. While Hodierna's commune won't stop the vitality loss from the disease pulses, it will stop the insane internal bleeding you'll get after 15-20 minutes.

If you decide to hunt there on a regular basis, make sure there's an empath around willing to take the disease, or stay at ranged until you knock their weapon out of their hand.

Thrall of Dergati,
Heroiklim Zortal

Take these chances
Place them in a box until a quieter time
Lights down, you up and die
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/14/2006 12:12 PM CDT
Thanks for the info. Is this standard issue infection type disease? Did you ever notice it dissapearing on its own or going dormant?

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Your lungs flame in agony as you double over in a spasm of uncontrolled hacking. As you stand up you notice a faint trickle of blood running down your chin.
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/14/2006 12:38 PM CDT
Syralon- its a crazy fast disease- Flavius had closer to 30 stamina when he hunted there and once you notice the disease its time to try to find an empath. I doubt its possible to survive unless maybe at really insane amounts of stamina. The best way to hunt there is either take an empath, or knock the weapon out of their hand before going to melee.

Flavius
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/14/2006 02:13 PM CDT
>>Syralon- its a crazy fast disease- Flavius had closer to 30 stamina when he hunted there and once you notice the disease its time to try to find an empath. I doubt its possible to survive unless maybe at really insane amounts of stamina. The best way to hunt there is either take an empath, or knock the weapon out of their hand before going to melee.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't disarming them cause them to take your weapon and curse that, however?

Has anyone tried hrrki'izh with greater than 30 stamina? I'm close to reaching a stat plateau and could easily focus on shifting to work stamina up a bit more, especially if it would aid in fighting off the disease. They're a creature I'd be willing to make special accomodations to fight.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/14/2006 02:34 PM CDT
Curse of Zachriedek is the way to hunt hhrki'izh. 25-30 mana should effectively remove the risk of disease.

~Aeth
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/14/2006 02:44 PM CDT
Hadn't considered CoZ. Good idea there - may have to pick it up with my spare spell slot.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/15/2006 02:53 AM CDT
One last note, if you use herbs to heal all your wounds, including scars, the infection can and will go dormant and eventually go away on its own.

Thrall of Dergati,
Heroiklim Zortal

Take these chances
Place them in a box until a quieter time
Lights down, you up and die
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/15/2006 08:30 AM CDT
>>One last note, if you use herbs to heal all your wounds, including scars, the infection can and will go dormant and eventually go away on its own.

Also good to know. I used that method frequently when I was on Aesry and got non-hrrki'izh infections, so I'll have to play around with that too. My hunting trips tend to be pretty short if I can get the requisite numbers on me to train my MO in good time.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/15/2006 01:55 PM CDT
I thought PFE lessened all unholy attacks of that nature...like poison from dobeks is less than normal if it has to penetrate PFE.

I am --- Navak
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/15/2006 02:04 PM CDT
>>I thought PFE lessened all unholy attacks of that nature...like poison from dobeks is less than normal if it has to penetrate PFE.

It should, but we were always told that Team Cleric doesn't own the critter and couldn't do anything about it.

~Aeth
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/15/2006 02:35 PM CDT
I've hunted there many times and the disease never scared me. Got it a bunch of times. It went away on its own a couple of times. It's Never killed me. Never even hurt. It does however, kill Dhimani's wife, quickly. For the record, Dhimani has 18 stamina. It must be something to do with being S'kra, or discipline, who knows.

~~Dhimani.
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/15/2006 02:45 PM CDT
I believe Elotheans have racial weakness to poison and/or disease but the last time that stuff was posted was back when the Gor'Tog tdp modifiers were evened out.

I am --- Navak
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/15/2006 03:08 PM CDT
Thanks for the info, folks. May have to make a trip over to Aesry this weekend and get hit a few times...

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/16/2006 01:38 PM CDT
Bromus and I also discovered that life mana sucks in there too so taking an empath with you to help is potentially deadly to the path as well =(

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/25/2006 02:26 PM CDT
>Bromus and I also discovered that life mana sucks in there too so taking an empath with you to help is potentially deadly to the path as well =(

at 250 PP, I was seeing glowing. I wouldn't call that sucky...not burning, but not sucky.

Renegade Empath Raudhan just arrived.

A cutthroat gasps, "I can't get UP!"

You begin to lecture Reexa on the proper use of the brawling skill.
You cackle!
You strike a heroic pose.
Re: Ur Hrrki'izh 09/25/2006 03:56 PM CDT
I love that you just said sucky.

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.