stupid crits.... 11/07/2011 10:04 PM CST
so I break down and head on down to Boar Clan, deciding to hunt some mauler/stompers... I get the area all mapped out on my Geniehunter map, and get my bearings and settle down to start fighting...

>* Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, a zombie mauler charges at you. You block with a buckler gules bearing two leopards argent combatant.
>[You're solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]
>
>* Moving with incredible power and control, a zombie mauler charges at you. You block with a buckler gules bearing two leopards argent combatant.
>[You're solidly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>
>* Moving with incredible power and control, a zombie mauler charges at you. You block with a buckler gules bearing two leopards argent combatant.
>[You're solidly balanced with opponent in strong position.]

So far so good. Literally the next hit:

>* Moving like a striking snake while managing somehow to improve its position, a zombie mauler charges at you. You barely block with a buckler gules bearing two leopards argent combatant.
>The body lands a demolishing (16/23) hit that drives the body under the sternum to pierce the heart.
>Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

>A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

>Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 103 minutes.
>[You're solidly balanced]

So yeah.... so far not a very good taste for them so far.... :/
Re: stupid crits.... 11/07/2011 11:17 PM CST
>>So yeah.... so far not a very good taste for them so far.... :/<<

Heh. Looks like they got a pretty good taste of YOU though... ;)

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn
Re: stupid crits.... 11/08/2011 12:31 AM CST
Hehe, yeah... I didn't post the part where the smashed my head in after I died and ate it or something like that.

Actually, the only downfall I can find to these guys is the fact that they're not skinnable, but I should be able to move up to black apes fairly quickly! huzzah!
Re: stupid crits.... 11/08/2011 06:25 AM CST
Welcome to boar clan. Sit back, strap on your safety belt and enjoy the ride. That is, the ride of random one shot deaths! I just look at it as a right of passage.
Re: stupid crits.... 11/08/2011 11:02 AM CST
I'm at the point where stompers' crits give me glancing blows. Still learning defenses well so I'm in no hurry to leave. Certainly had those one-shot growing pains, though.
Re: stupid crits.... 11/08/2011 08:41 PM CST
>I'm at the point where stompers' crits give me glancing blows.

Mind me asking what your defenses are sitting at?
Re: stupid crits.... 11/09/2011 04:59 AM CST
Healf, you are pretty close to not worrying about those crits anymore. I am fairly certain they cap at around 650ish, and that would be at a sluggish learning rate, unless you are poaching to train stealths. Also, what is your stance set at when you hunt them?
Re: stupid crits.... 11/10/2011 01:56 AM CST
I'm sitting on 530s-540s evasion/shield and 475 parry.

I usual have my stance set to 100 evasion with 80/8 in shield/parry or sometimes 8/80 shield/parry, and I constantly dance badger.

It's weird I've tracked a few of the crits lately and they seem to be all over the place. Occasionally one will nearly one shot, then a light blow to kill me, while other times it gives me a nice light bleeder to the chest that I can sit and tend forever.

-Healf