Zombies in Space 02/25/2011 03:46 PM CST
This one was one I'd never seen before:

Moving with incredible power and control, you punch your chain clad fist at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter fails to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The fist lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[You're incredibly balanced and in very strong position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Outer space? Just from a simple heavy hit? I wonder where an apocalyptic hit would send it?

Kaxis
Re: Zombies in Space 02/25/2011 06:00 PM CST
I recently started seeing these too....had honeymooners flashbacks

"One of these days Alice, one of these days....."
Re: Zombies in Space 02/25/2011 07:51 PM CST
Was that really the combat message verbatim? Because if so... that's more than a little buggy.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Zombies in Space 02/25/2011 08:14 PM CST
I went through my logs to find all the instances of it. It seems to be a right hand messaging issue rather then weapon or creature or whatever:

Moving with powerful grace, you slice a gnarled wooden cane at a zombie stomper. A zombie stomper attempts to dodge, avoiding only some of the blow. The cane lands a heavy strike that sends the stomper's right hand into outer space as it staggers slightly.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you fire a tawny golden arrow at a zombie stomper. A zombie stomper fails to dodge, twisting partially away from much of the blow. The arrow lands a very heavy hit that sends the stomper's right hand into outer space.
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!
The tawny golden arrow falls to the ground!
[You're solidly balanced and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you slice a gnarled wooden cane at a zombie stomper. A zombie stomper fails to evade, failing miserably. The cane lands a hard hit that sends the stomper's right hand into outer space.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

Driving in like an unbeatable force, you step backward and then bash at a zombie stomper. A zombie stomper attempts to evade, taking the full blow. The cane lands a very heavy hit that sends the stomper's right hand into outer space.
A zombie stomper falls belly-up and grunts its last grunt.
[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Driving in like an unbeatable force, you punch your chain clad fist at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The fist lands a hard hit that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[You're incredibly balanced and in superior position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Driving in like an unbeatable force, you kick your foot at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The foot lands a hard hit that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

Moving in with powerful grace, you kick your foot at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter fails to dodge, failing miserably. The foot lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
A zombie head-splitter falls belly-up and grunts its last grunt.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

Moving with powerful grace, you kick your foot at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter attempts to dodge, stepping partially into the shot. The foot lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you punch your chain clad fist at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter attempts to evade, failing miserably. The fist lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you punch your chain clad fist at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter fails to evade, moving directly into the blow. The fist lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Moving like a striking snake, you punch your chain clad fist at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter fails to dodge, moving directly into the blow. The fist lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Moving with incredible power and control, you punch your chain clad fist at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter fails to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The fist lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[You're incredibly balanced and in very strong position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Moving in with powerful grace, you punch your chain clad fist at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter attempts to dodge, failing miserably. The fist lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[You're incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Moving with powerful grace, you kick your foot at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter attempts to evade, failing miserably. The foot lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you slice your chain clad fist at a zombie head-splitter. A zombie head-splitter attempts to evade, failing miserably. The fist lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

And my personal favorite:

A zombie head-splitter lands an extremely heavy hit that sends the togball's right hand into outer space.
[Script]H>A zombie head-splitter lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that pierces clean through the togball's groin to spill black bile all over the ground.
A mutant togball rasps an unintelligible phrase before it collapses to the ground for good.

Even zombies can do it! But notice in the first part of the messaging the zombie sent the togball's right hand into outer space. The second part shows an entirely different target, the groin. Some wires are crossed there somewhere. Hope this helps you out.

Kaxis
Re: Zombies in Space 02/25/2011 08:22 PM CST
<<The fist lands a heavy strike that sends the head-splitt right hand into outer space.>>

This probably doesn't bother many people but me, but was wondering if you could correct the readout on head-splitter hits, where it's misspelled head-splitt. Would just be more tidy :)

<<With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you fire a tawny golden arrow at a zombie stomper. A zombie stomper fails to dodge, twisting partially away from much of the blow. The arrow lands a very heavy hit that sends the stomper's right hand into outer space.>>

A bow that shoots an arrow into outer space. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Kaxis
Re: Zombies in Space 02/25/2011 09:38 PM CST
>>This probably doesn't bother many people but me, but was wondering if you could correct the readout on head-splitter hits, where it's misspelled head-splitt. Would just be more tidy :)

IIRC, this is a much deeper underlying bug where target names can only be X characters long when being displayed in combat output. I've had that happen with kobold headhunters and some of those Trader mobs in Muspar'i.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Zombies in Space 02/26/2011 12:55 AM CST
Yeah the head-splitter thing is what I was picking up on.

Very odd. And very much in deep combat code that scares me.

If no one has bugged this IG yet, would someone please do so? Otherwise I'm going to flee the depths of combat code...

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Zombies in Space 02/26/2011 01:18 AM CST
<<If no one has bugged this IG yet, would someone please do so?>>

Done.

Kaxis
Re: Zombies in Space 02/26/2011 06:51 AM CST
kind of like that movie about the little robot that could.. second movie... johnny five... los lobos kick your .... into outer space.... :-)

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Zombies in Space 02/26/2011 06:55 PM CST
Haha I'm imagining as DR reaches the space age the first astronauts will be wondering where all these hands floating around came from.

>>An astronaut says, "And why are they all right hands!!???

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Zombies in Space 03/24/2011 08:07 PM CDT
This was a good one I'd not noticed before:

Moving with powerful grace, you elbow your chain clad elbow at a Misenseor resuscitant. A Misenseor resuscitant repulses little of the elbow with a wild swing of its rotten leg. The elbow lands a hard hit that rips away flesh to leave the resuscitant right eye hanging by a gooey black thread of slime.
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

FWIW I got a right hand into outer space message in resuscitants yesterday.

Kaxis

Moving as one fluid extension of power, you throw a grimy bar of soap at a misshapen germish'din. A misshapen germish'din attempts to dodge. The soap lands a harmless blow to the germish'din left leg.

A misshapen germish'din bellows loudly in obvious agony!

You scowl at a misshaped germish'din.

You say, "Wuss."

You spit on the ground, displaying your disgust.
Re: Zombies in Space 03/26/2011 04:34 PM CDT
::LOL!:: That's one critter that was put together all wrong!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy