Oneshot 05/22/2009 06:14 PM CDT
Ok, so maybe not the best hit out there...but damnit, I one shotted him. Heh

>draw
You close to melee range on a piruati serpent.
>
* Moving in gracefully, a piruati serpent bites at you. You dodge.
[You're solidly balanced and in better position.]
>
< Moving with powerful grace, you step backward and then slice at a piruati serpent. A piruati serpent attempts to evade, taking the full blow. The sword lands a massive strike that tears flesh and cartilage as the right leg is ripped clean below the knee (Better order that peg leg!).
A piruati serpent collapses and exhales with a hiss as it grows still.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>arrange all
You fully arrange the serpent's corpse in a manner that, while making the process more difficult, guarantees a greater reward.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Oneshot 05/22/2009 06:54 PM CDT
<<The sword lands a massive strike that tears flesh and cartilage as the right leg is ripped clean below the knee (Better order that peg leg!).

It is impossible to kill something with 1 shot to a limb, unless it's vit was already low.

Falker
Re: Oneshot 05/22/2009 07:10 PM CDT
just as it is impossible for a serpent to have legs, my guess is that both serpents and vipers critical areas are slightly different than most. Although I had thought the two had been converted to unique messaging so as to not cause this confusion.

Rehlyn

You gesture at a gargantuan korograth.
A sheet of slippery rich amber ale-hued ice forms beneath a gargantuan korograth!
The gargantuan korograth refuses to fall.
Re: Oneshot 05/22/2009 07:38 PM CDT
<<just as it is impossible for a serpent to have legs, my guess is that both serpents and vipers critical areas are slightly different than most. Although I had thought the two had been converted to unique messaging so as to not cause this confusion.

That is very interesting then. No, they shouldnt have limbs. But equally so, if they defaulted to having limbs in combat (if it cant be takin away), they should act as normal limbs. Sounds like a bug to me. Perhaps someone just forgot a line of code in the default limb messaging. Of course limbs are really the only non-vital area of the body, so it would seem that creatures that have no limbs are at a disadvantage of being killed easier than those that do have limbs. Perhaps they should be given more stamina to help counter this.

Falker