Not a crit per se... 09/26/2006 11:55 AM CDT
but still pretty sporty considering the circumstances.

< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you fire an ironwood quadrello at a black marble gargoyle. A black marble gargoyle fails to dodge, not quite escaping the blast. The quadrello lands a strong hit that drives the ironwood quadrello deep into the ribcage to savage the lungs.

The ironwood quadrello lodges itself deeply into the marble gargoyle!
A black marble gargoyle throws its head back and screams, "Asketi! I have failed you!" The gargoyle's claws scrabble one last time before it falls still.

These buggers are tough. I was hunting with a couple of mamby-pamby Mages so their spells MIGHT have helped, but I doubt it :OP Why are these things non-BSable?

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare" -- Japanese Proverb
Re: Not a crit per se... 09/26/2006 11:56 AM CDT
Was it flying at the time?

I am --- Navak
Re: Not a crit per se... 09/26/2006 12:00 PM CDT
>Was it flying at the time?

Quite honestly I have no idea. The room was filled with Gargs and my two sidekicks ran. That was my last kill in that area and I did it only because I needed to get the other two quads that I had already sunk into it's sorry carcass. Sometimes greed pays off.

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare" -- Japanese Proverb