a crit i can't understand.. 09/25/2006 06:21 PM CDT
Ok i'm at melee with 1 geni and kicking it's butt..

< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you step backward and then slice at a forest geni. A forest geni fails to dodge, stepping partly into the blow. The sword lands a heavy strike that cuts deeply into the puffy black flesh of the geni's right thigh.
[You're incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
>sweep
< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you sweep a bastard sword at a forest geni. A forest geni fails to evade. The sword lands a good strike to the geni's right hand.
[You're incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>exp
* Moving like a striking snake, a forest geni feints to the side at you. You turn aside the fist with a bastard sword.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
>
EXP HELP for more information
>slice
< Moving with incredible power and control, you slice a bastard sword at a forest geni. A forest geni fails to evade, failing miserably. The sword lands a heavy strike that snaps bones and removes most of the geni's right arm.
[You're winded, incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>
[script paused, Esc to continue]
* Driving in like an unbeatable force but just as its opponent is distracted, a forest geni claws savagely at you. You attempt to dodge, taking the full blow. The claw lands a massive strike that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest.
The forest geni dances lithely around your dead body!

* Vidoor was just struck down!
Your bastard sword falls to the ground.

Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

You are somewhat comforted that you have gained favor with your God and are in no danger of walking the Starry Road, never to return.

I got owned for no reason i was even bleeding in the chest
Re: a crit i can't understand.. 09/25/2006 10:32 PM CDT
>>You attempt to dodge, taking the full blow.

Were you using no parry or shield as a secondary defense by chance? That is odd... usually parry/shield are the last defense checked, and therefore will message when you're hit. In this case it did not, which leads me to believe it was possibly a bug :(

Also, what guild are you. There are some methods for certain guilds by which to help avoid these crits.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: a crit i can't understand.. 09/25/2006 10:36 PM CDT
My stances were as usual i know something was weird with this. i never checked parry or shield I'm a barb and was using dance Wolverine
Re: a crit i can't understand.. 09/25/2006 10:38 PM CDT
Yeah I saw you parrying earlier in the log, so I'm not sure what might have happened. Your script did get paused and so I thought maybe in the copy/pasting you might have left something out.

Using better armor, a more balanced weapon, dancing defensively and/or using berserk stone all "might" help a bit. The problem is this impedes your ability to learn effectively. Best of luck to you in avoiding such disasters in the future.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: a crit i can't understand.. 09/25/2006 11:12 PM CDT
>Yeah I saw you parrying earlier in the log, so I'm not sure what might have happened.

It's typical in crit messaging to show the dodge messaging instead of shield/parry.

Thrall of Dergati,
Heroiklim Zortal

Take these chances
Place them in a box until a quieter time
Lights down, you up and die
Re: a crit i can't understand.. 09/26/2006 12:02 AM CDT
>>* Driving in like an unbeatable force but just as its opponent is distracted, a forest geni claws savagely at you. You attempt to dodge, taking the full blow. The claw lands a massive strike that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest.
The forest geni dances lithely around your dead body!

Every few hundred swings against you, you will randomly see a creature get a critical hit like that one. Unless you are near to capping the creature out and wearing some good armor, it's gonna smack you pretty hard and probably kill you.

By time I left genis, each of those would be a heavy/solid strike though, so with more stats/skills and better armor you won't see yourself die every time. Till you move up and start all over.

-Teeklin

"You take people, you put them on a journey, you give them peril, you find out who they really are. If there's any kind of fiction better than that, I don't know what it is." -Joss Whedon