nice stamina 08/26/2004 02:24 AM CDT
< Moving in gracefully, you fire a slender tip arrow at a blood wolf. A blood wolf attempts to dodge, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow. The arrow lands a powerful strike that knocks away half the scalp and a good deal of bone when the slender tip arrow gets jammed against the wolf's head, knocking it completely senseless.

The slender tip arrow lodges itself savagely into the blood wolf!
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

>l second wolf
You see a blood wolf.
The blood wolf has a ghastly bloated head with bleeding from the ears compounded by a crushed skull with horrendous wounds, tiny scratches to the left eye, tiny scratches to the right eye, some minor twitching.
There is a slender tip arrow lodged shallowly in its left eye, a slender tip arrow lodged shallowly in its right eye, *a slender tip arrow lodged clean through its head*, a slender tip arrow lodged firmly in its head, a slender tip arrow lodged shallowly in its head.
The blood wolf is bleeding with widespread discoloration in the head and profusely from the head.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

It lasted for about 5 more minutes after this.
Re: nice stamina 08/26/2004 09:39 AM CDT
::BLINK!::

That hit should have killed the pup!

It's undead! Call out the clerics! ;)

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: nice stamina 08/26/2004 10:38 AM CDT
Man, talk about a bad day.

Trebber
Re: nice stamina 08/26/2004 11:43 AM CDT
Its a bird, its a plane, its Super puppy!

In the end all things return to Chaos
Re: nice stamina 08/26/2004 12:43 PM CDT
<chuckle> Now I've seen pictures of people in real life this sort of thing has happened to who did survive the experience, but as in real life, in DR, its usually fatal.

Vale
Re: nice stamina 08/26/2004 04:46 PM CDT
I heard a story of a guy who got shot in the temple, and the bullet deflected around the skull and coming out the other side (instead of just ripping out of the skin and off into the sky)...

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: nice stamina 08/26/2004 04:54 PM CDT
Heh, my old english teacher shot someone in the head with an arrow when she was in high school.

I can't help but chuckle every time I remember her tellin that story...

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

For me, there is no perfect day.
Re: nice stamina 08/27/2004 01:40 PM CDT
Take the www out of that link.

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: nice stamina 08/27/2004 02:24 PM CDT
How about the guy that got shot in the head w/ a nailgun repeatedly and lived...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3685791.stm

>>DR Jeopardy

Trebber: The answer is: "Popeye is this sort of man".
Trebber: Soleran. And, remember, these are words that begin with the letter "S", not "Swords".
---Soleran: Sabre!
Trebber: No!
---Soleran: It begins with a bloody "S"!!
Re: nice stamina 08/27/2004 02:50 PM CDT
Perfect :-)

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: nice stamina 08/27/2004 03:15 PM CDT
:)

>>DR Jeopardy

Trebber: The answer is: "Popeye is this sort of man".
Trebber: Soleran. And, remember, these are words that begin with the letter "S", not "Swords".
---Soleran: Sabre!
Trebber: No!
---Soleran: It begins with a bloody "S"!!
Re: nice stamina 08/27/2004 11:07 PM CDT
He's good, but I think the guy who went bungee-jumping with lineman's cable (imagine a bicycle brake wire that's about 1.25-1.5" in diameter) still takes the cake.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: nice stamina 09/01/2004 08:43 AM CDT
durring bow hunting season here in michigan -- a few years ago -- someone "accidentally" shot their buddy who was sleeping with one of those broadheads that expand upon impact, it entered his head from underneath the right side his chin, and exited out behind his left ear... quite messy - indeed - but he lived.
If anyone can dig that story up, i'd love to see the xrays again, the paper had top/front/right side xrays so you could get more perspective.

>depart

Bards - Neglected since forever.