RE:Wyvern stuffs 03/07/2014 04:54 AM CST
Looks and feels a whole lot better - Thank you

Samsaren
RE:Wyvern stuffs 03/11/2014 09:03 PM CDT

I haven't played with these new changes yet but I had been meaning to point out that Archons don't teach stealth nearly as well as they probably should.

Unless they are just intended to be quite blind compared to other critters in their skill range.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 03/12/2014 09:11 PM CDT
I think there might still be something wrong with the juvenile wyvern spawn. They seem to be very scattered, and it's quite a chore to get more than one or two into the same room. As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to successfully be better than it was before. On the plus side, their frequency of fire breathing seems to be correct now.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/08/2014 01:48 PM CDT
>I think there might still be something wrong with the juvenile wyvern spawn. They seem to be very scattered, and it's quite a chore to get more than one or two into the same room. As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to successfully be better than it was before. On the plus side, their frequency of fire breathing seems to be correct now.

>Thanks,
>-Life Sustainer Karthor

Just to necro this, I'm noticing this in Adult Wyverns as well. With the increase in TM damage, I'm able to wipe out a wyverns in a matter of seconds, and I find myself constantly waiting for more to spawn.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/13/2014 09:22 PM CDT
<<Just to necro this, I'm noticing this in Adult Wyverns as well. With the increase in TM damage, I'm able to wipe out a wyverns in a matter of seconds, and I find myself constantly waiting for more to spawn.>>

Agree the Adult Wyvern spawn needs some help

- Buuwl
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/18/2014 05:27 PM CDT

>Agree the Adult Wyvern spawn needs some help

This. Very much!
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/18/2014 08:19 PM CDT
What are you doing to kill the Wyverns in "seconds" ?

I spent many hours today testing TM spells, and have decided that some are "breaking the rules" and doing extreme amounts of damage. We're still deciding what to do about some of them.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/18/2014 09:23 PM CDT
Melee, TM, Thrown. Doesn't matter, they die and you're stuck waiting around for extended period of time waiting for more. The spawn seems much slower than young or juvenile, can you adjust the adults to spawn like the young and juveniles?
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/18/2014 10:36 PM CDT
I don't kill them in seconds I just clear the room and have to wait.

- Buuwl
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 10:23 AM CDT
I'm not sure why kill time is even relevant. If we're killing a wyvern whether it's 20 seconds or 90 seconds and waiting 3 to 5 minutes for another to appear something is off. Especially considering the young and juveniles counterparts appear a lot faster.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 10:50 AM CDT
<<I'm not sure why kill time is even relevant.

Well, theoretically spawn time should be balanced around 45 second kills since that was the intended average kill time for an at level creature. 3 to 5 minutes of nothing-at-all time is definitely not balanced with that.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 11:58 AM CDT
>>I'm not sure why kill time is even relevant.

Because critters spawn at a rate that reflects how fast someone who is hunting them at-level is killing them, and if someone at-level is killing them a lot faster than they should be dying, then what they're doing (or the critter they're hunting) might need tweaking.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 12:49 PM CDT
Again, just to keep this thread on point, the rate at which the adult wyverns are killed/die is fine. The issue is after killing them, more are not showing up fast enough. For example I was just hunting them about 30 minutes ago, everything was peachy, then for some reason I killed the last wyvern in the room and stood around for five minutes waiting.... waiting.... waiting.... with no new spawn.

- Buuwl
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 01:10 PM CDT
Interestingly enough both of you neglected to quote the 30 second to 90 second kill time for the basis of your argument.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 01:36 PM CDT
<<Interestingly enough both of you neglected to quote the 30 second to 90 second kill time for the basis of your argument.

Who says we're arguing something different than you? You asked why kill times are relevant. They're relevant because spawn times need to be balanced against expected kill times. Clearly in this situation that is not the case. We didn't need to quote your 20 to 90 second statement to say this.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 01:43 PM CDT
P.S. This whole tangent appears to have been caused by a misunderstanding over your loose usage of the term 'seconds.' I'm sure KODIUS was just making sure you weren't talking about killing them in 10 seconds on average, since that would be an entirely different issue. I would suggest being more specific when reporting possible bugs or balance issues to prevent misunderstandings like this in the future.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 01:57 PM CDT
Because the issue is less killing too quick and more adults having a different spawn rate/AI then young or juveniles which both spawn and find players fine. This is evident by hunting all 3 of them.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 02:04 PM CDT
<<Because the issue is less killing too quick and more adults having a different spawn rate/AI then young or juveniles which both spawn and find players fine. This is evident by hunting all 3 of them.

No one has said anything different...
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 02:35 PM CDT
I understand, I'm just clarifying over the loose usage of how long it's taking to kill them compared to waiting for more to arrive. I know we can all agree on 3-5 minutes of waiting on spawn is off.

My apologies for glossing over your initial response. TEVESEHEVAT has a knack for derailing and posting for the sake of posting with not much to contribute and I lumped your response in with his. That was an error on my part and I apologize for the comment directed towards you when you responded.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 05:22 PM CDT
>>TEVESEHEVAT has a knack for derailing and posting for the sake of posting with not much to contribute and I lumped your response in with his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 06:23 PM CDT
Hey Pot, what color is that Kettle?!
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 08:44 PM CDT
Waiting around for minutes seems like an issue. I'll check with the other GMs and see if a recently discovered spawning bug was ever fixed in Prime.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 09:30 PM CDT
Kodius just to be clear it's inconsistent, it's not ALWAYS terrible, but it's never great either. The 3-5 minute waiting thing probably occurs once every 12-15 minutes or so. It's definitely enough to be annoying.

- Buuwl
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/19/2014 10:11 PM CDT
>Waiting around for minutes seems like an issue. I'll check with the other GMs and see if a recently discovered spawning bug was ever fixed in Prime.

Just to get some numbers real quick, I didn't take a large sample set but this seems to be the case any time I go there:

Notes:

One other hunter in the area hunting and killing (I've been in here by myself with similar results.)

Enter Adults: 10:51:49 PM
First Adult arrives: 10:54:41 PM

Waited 2:52

First Adult dies: 10:57:42 PM ( played around with it to see if more would show up and to confirm these aren't being killed too quick.)
Second Adult arrives: 10:59:43 PM

Waited 2:01

Second Adult dies: 11:01:10 PM
Third Adult arrives: 11:03:28 PM

Waited 2:18

Total Wyverns killed 3
Total for 3 Wyverns to arrive: 12:39
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/20/2014 02:58 AM CDT
<<Kodius just to be clear it's inconsistent, it's not ALWAYS terrible, but it's never great either. The 3-5 minute waiting thing probably occurs once every 12-15 minutes or so. It's definitely enough to be annoying.

This actually happens in rock trolls north of Crossing too. You can be in there for up to 10 minutes with zero spawn and suddenly it's like the switch finally gets turned on somehow and they start spawning. I wonder if it's related in any way.
RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/20/2014 12:54 PM CDT
I was assured the spawning bug is fixed, so it isn't that...

The area owner was also alerted to the problem so they can take a peek.

RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/20/2014 01:05 PM CDT
Are adult wyvern spawns set to spawn in specific rooms or just anywhere in the zone?

RE:Wyvern stuffs 05/20/2014 01:38 PM CDT
Thanks Kodius.