Undead Refresher and Boxes 07/16/2019 10:15 AM CDT

Good Morning - This is a two part question.

(1) I need to find a critter that teaches my lockpick skills. My combat skill range is 180+ weapons, 200 range defenses (Ranger). My lockpicking is around 162. I've hunting Hatchlings in Ratha, but 1. They are starting to slow down on my combat skills and 2. Being in the city gives my Ranger the creepy crawlies.

What other box dropping critter could I hunt in that skill range (and not in the city)?

(2) I need a refresher on reading the hunting ladder on Elanthipedia. Specifically for undead - and whether I need a blessed weapon or not. Is the rule of thumb whether they are corporeal or not as far as whether I can hit them WITHOUT a blessed weapon?

Thank you!

-- Crowfeet --
Re: Undead Refresher and Boxes 07/16/2019 12:12 PM CDT
Corporeal undead can always be hot regardless of Bless, but you will get additional damage from the attack. Or not a penalty to damage. Not sure which to be honest.

Bless is required to even hit incorporeal undead in the first place, so yes you're correct.

As for boxes, try this link. It's filtered for only box carrying critters in order of difficulty.
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Locksmith_hunting_ladder
Re: Undead Refresher and Boxes 07/16/2019 12:23 PM CDT
Snow Goblins are right in that range for boxes.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Undead Refresher and Boxes 07/16/2019 01:39 PM CDT

Cool - Thank you!

-- Crowfeet --
Re: Undead Refresher and Boxes 07/17/2019 06:36 AM CDT
I've found fendryads to be about the skill you want. They aren't undead, though. Good luck!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Undead Refresher and Boxes 07/17/2019 08:13 AM CDT
I am currently in Fendryads, and they may be a little much, unless he plans on just killing them, and not dancing for armor ranks. However, Swamp Trolls, both the ones in Fendryads, and the ones with the Peccaries, are excellent all around opponents, and with decent boxes to boot, although trolls drop a lot more boxes than Fendryads. Currently at 267 Locksmithing.