Nix the metals? 05/13/2018 12:17 PM CDT
It comes up occasionally, but could we do away with finding not interesting metals in the treasure system?

It screws up the reward when I have a 5 gold lump of silver that I could melt down for metal resources and it becomes a 1 silver lump of silver instead, after refining it. But toting the brass bars and nuggets around means they don't fit in my gem pouch and since they're nominally metals involve with the resources system, they decay on the ground.

And we don't find similar wood, engineering, outfitting, etc. resources on enemies. It's just metal.

I'd actually rather find tokens or vouchers or something. Put in a world-wide bounty system where enemies might have picked up scraps, tokens, whatever, that you can cash in and redeem for resources you want at a quality you want.

Obviously no tyrium/etc., but some silver and similar tier materials would be more useful than what we've got.
Re: Nix the metals? 05/14/2018 03:12 PM CDT
I'd rather the values of the metals found on mobs are properly set, and relate to how much they should be as a gem, but if that just isn't possible I'd want them nixed, too.

I love being able to find bronze/brass/pewter on mobs for my work order mixes, but not at the expense of getting the actual reward amount I should be getting when I kill X.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Nix the metals? 05/21/2018 05:22 PM CDT
I HATE when you open a higher money box and its a nugget. Gem shops only paying 3-4 gold when the boxes average 1-2 plat in coin/gems. Bad luck and get 3 or 4 of those in a backpack full and it sucks.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Nix the metals? 06/10/2018 09:57 PM CDT
It's a throwback to the earlier forging era, but it makes no sense now. Most people just leave it as trash. At least give a small chance of a good drop. Or vary it more and give us all crafting materials. The way it is currently makes no sense.
Re: Nix the metals? 06/06/2020 01:10 PM CDT
Bump.

Can we please get rid of the metal drops? They are only useful for a few subsets of crafting and in general I don't think people want to try to manage all the random metals they find while they're out hunting even if they do partake in one of the crafting disciplines that might use them.

Thanks.

--
Re: Nix the metals? 06/06/2020 01:12 PM CDT
P.S. If getting rid of them is out of the question, can we get a LOOT option that at least opts us out of them, similar to loot treasure? Honestly, LOOT might benefit from more of a flag system, where you can opt in and out of certain kinds of drops... but just being able to find only coins / gems / boxes where the value of the random metal is not subtracted from your overall loot value would be very, very nice.

--
Re: Nix the metals? 06/06/2020 01:35 PM CDT
I expect that metals are figured into the value range of the loot table. It sounds like what you're asking for is an across the board increase in the payout for creature drops which seems unlikely to happen.

It doesn't affect the drops themselves but you can set to ignore metals with autoloot containers like the https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Sturdy_scavenger%27s_belt_of_sandy_pebbled_leather from Su Helmas incidentals or the crafted lootsack or Estate holder gift https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Black_spidersilk_lootsack_clasped_with_a_platinum_dragon.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Autoloot_command

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Nix the metals? 06/07/2020 09:52 PM CDT
While we are on the subject of critter drops:
I would like to see the real junk items that drop get added to the junk items.
embroidery needles (the favorite hobby of all elanthian critters)
wooden hair brushes
cracked mirrors

At least the metal drops implode fairly rapidly. These other items stay forever and clutter up the room.