Mechanical Mice 05/28/2017 06:33 AM CDT
Can we please have the spawn rate for the Mechanical Mice looked at? Especially now that they are likely to have a few more hunters after them, with the special mats being so readily available from the swamploot.

It's very slow and inconsistent, as they are right now.

Thank you!

The pinchfist waddles around, pointing with a crazy gleam in his eye, and squeals, "This is mine, this is mine, and this is mine! Not that, though. You can have that."
Re: Mechanical Mice 08/13/2017 01:34 PM CDT
I've increased the spawn of Mechanical Mice, as well as made it likely that they will spawn in a room with a player. They also spawn at full health now. Please let me know if there are any more issues.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Mechanical Mice 09/18/2017 06:46 AM CDT
>>I've increased the spawn of Mechanical Mice, as well as made it likely that they will spawn in a room with a player. They also spawn at full health now. Please let me know if there are any more issues.

Spawn is great now, even a little much sometimes, but I am not going to complain about having too many critters to fight!
There is still the issue of the special metal brawling gear not working on the mech mice. Brawling is my top weapon skill and I still cannot land a damaging hit. It messages the same way as trying to hit them with normal metals, and I have Haledroth knuckles.
I understand this may be a whole different issue, but it makes for hunting them really frustrating and a little pointless for those of us who have brawling worked into our combat routine as a standard. Are you able to look into it for us, please?

Thank you,
Kalewen.
Re: Mechanical Mice 09/27/2017 09:36 PM CDT
I don't know if others are experiencing it, but now that I've finally had some haledroth gear made I've noticed the mice tend to flex a bit too hard on offense (which is a bit of an issue when four are on you), and a bit too easy on defense (which is a shame if you kill them too fast!). They're also incredibly perceptive, which is a bit of a downer for training stealth purposes, too.

Wondering if there's still room for some fine tuning. This is in Plat, if it matters. I've included a sample of the appraisals I've gotten below.

You are certain that the mechanical mouse is healthy.
You are certain that the mechanical mouse is slightly fatigued.
You are certain that it is somewhat stronger than you are.
You are certain that it is somewhat less agile than you are.
You are certain that it is about as disciplined as you are.
You are certain that it is rather less quick to react than you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as conditioned as you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a haledroth triangular sipar and a haledroth hawkbill, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a difficult opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a haledroth hawkbill, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is an easy opponent.
If you attacked with a haledroth hawkbill, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you threw the hawkbill at the enemy you are certain that it would train very well, provided you can land a blow.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train very well.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train acceptably.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.

Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a haledroth triangular sipar and a lithe parrying edge, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a difficult opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with your fists, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a simple opponent.
If you brawled with the enemy, you are certain that it would train very well, provided you can land a blow.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train very well.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.

Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a haledroth triangular sipar and a lithe parrying edge, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a quite difficult opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with your fists, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a somewhat skilled opponent.
If you brawled with the enemy, you are certain that it would train very well, provided you can land a blow.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Mechanical Mice 09/27/2017 09:49 PM CDT
The boxes also appear to flex a bit above your skill level, too (I got "the edge on you"/"odds are against you" for both traps and locks so far). It's also surprisingly hard to analyze and harvest these things.

I'm not sure if the mobs are set this way with the assumption that people would be using skill boosters, but that isn't always the case. Plus, even with a capped Obfuscation, I wasn't able to do that great of a job stalking them.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Mechanical Mice 10/02/2017 12:23 AM CDT
Just to add some more data:

1) It looks like zombies hit these guys without any issues. I'm cool with that, since it gives me a way to train a small amount of thanatology against constructs, but I don't know if it's intended.
2) The mobs get a lot more manageable with defensive buffs up. Having a 20% evasion/reflex boost from PHP makes them barely touch me, let alone throwing CH into the mix (granted that'll probably change in the barrier review). Part of me wonders if it is assumed that flex mobs will be going against people with combat buffs, which makes sense, but the downside being that they're then a requirement, so hopefully the guild you play has the proper defensive boosts that will make four of them on you not be a problem.
3) They're super perceptive. It's hard to train stealth there, even though it's possible. Even with a 20% stealth boost they are really good at seeing me try to hide/stalk them.
4) The spawn rates are okay once they're moving full steam. The startup feels a bit wonky, especially if they spawn while you're walking to whatever room you prefer hunting them in.
5) They shake off debilitation spells pretty quickly. I don't know if debilitation spells care all that much about me using a haledroth TM focus (in terms of making sure spells land properly), or if I just need to cast higher. I've typically done much better against quest flex mobs that were of a similar difficulty (like the ones from the Corn Maze, etc).

Re: Mechanical Mice 10/02/2017 08:40 PM CDT
<<about me using a haledroth TM focus>>

I missed something, How does one fashion or pick up a Haledroth TM focus?

Rehlyn

I do have some haledroth so curious

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Mechanical Mice 10/02/2017 08:46 PM CDT
They were sold at past Duskruin on the small table.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Drathrok%27s_Assemblage_(3)

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Mechanical Mice 09/24/2018 08:55 PM CDT
>I've noticed the mice tend to flex a bit too hard on offense (which is a bit of an issue when four are on you), and a bit too easy on defense (which is a shame if you kill them too fast!)

I've made some tweaks to how mice, and other creatures, flex. Previously, PM, Attunement, and Stealth would increase the flex level if they were higher than weapons and/or defenses. Now it should only take into account combat skills, which now also includes Debilitation.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Mechanical Mice 02/15/2019 05:41 AM CST
>I've made some tweaks to how mice, and other creatures, flex. Previously, PM, Attunement, and Stealth would increase the flex level if they were higher than weapons and/or defenses. Now it should only take into account combat skills, which now also includes Debilitation.

Hey Javac. Mice aren't flexing properly for me at all. Ever since the last change, they refuse to teach me any defenses.

It doesn't matter how I stance or what weapon I have out, they're always quite badly for all 3 defenses.

You are certain that it is about as strong as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as agile as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as quick to react as you are.
You are certain that it is about as conditioned as you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a haledroth targe and a simple haledroth parry stick, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a very easy opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with your fists, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a simple opponent.
If you brawled with the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
The mouse appears to be extremely immune to most materials.