New Critter Feedback 04/11/2016 04:06 PM CDT
>>Three new high-level creatures have been sighted in Asketi's Mount and the Temple of the North Wind!

>>- The Vela'Tohr Outlook is now home to misty black zephyrs.
>>- The lower floor of the temple is now home to bony wind wretches and ragged wind hags, who have driven out the marble gargoyles which previously resided there. The gargoyles are now cursed creatures, and they patrol the barren summit outside.
>>- The upper floor of the temple is now home to lesser North Wind banshees.

Does anybody have any feedback on what skill range these creatures are?

Any chance you can set them up in TF for us so we can check them out too?

Thanks in advance -

- Rhoat
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 01:14 AM CDT
Rough guesses:

Zephyrs - ~500ish
Hags/Wretches - ~700
Banshees - 1000+ Possibly 1100+
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 01:17 AM CDT
>>Zephyrs - ~500ish

I'd say 600ish (maybe mid 600) for these.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 01:25 AM CDT
Could be. I had to guess with my lowest weapon and appraise careful. 547 ranks and they appraised as 'train acceptably'.
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 01:26 AM CDT
Are those caps or starting points?

Any of them drop boxes?

Thanks for the info -

- Rhoat
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 01:29 AM CDT
Just rough estimates, probably midway between bottom and top cap for the lower ones. The Banshees seem tough. 1000-1100 might be an entry point range.

I didn't notice any on the Zephyrs. Only gems and skins. I'll go kill a few more of the other and see if I get any boxes.
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 02:32 AM CDT
Thanks for the feedback!

Hags and wretches will no longer drain spirit. This was a remnant of their invasion-only days.

Zephyrs will now use their special abilities somewhat less often. Also, they should spawn slightly more when there's more than than one hunter, slightly more quickly, and near hunters more often.

>>Any chance you can set them up in TF for us so we can check them out too?

Probably next week. As it's all enmeshed with the area updates affecting two provinces, I'm being extra cautious.

GM Grejuva
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 09:11 AM CDT
>Banshees - 1000+ Possibly 1100+<

They are teaching although be it slowly over 1250's. But here's the thing with them...

With 1050 in main weapon and over and 1250+ in defenses they don't really cause me any physical harm. They teach these skills very slowly (got to 10's in them after 15 minutes). They have glass jaws and die in 2-3 hits (I one-hit killed several of them yesterday, which I didn't think was still a thing). Yet, with 100 in all mentals and charisma, their spirit attack is taking me down to the 50's after that 15-minutes. All together this seems to be a bit off. I can't imagine how they must be to someone for whom these are truly "at level".

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 11:34 AM CDT
<<Yet, with 100 in all mentals and charisma, their spirit attack is taking me down to the 50's after that 15-minutes. All together this seems to be a bit off. I can't imagine how they must be to someone for whom these are truly "at level".>>

Yikes, that's a bit rough. For whatever it's worth, it seemed to be a Something vs. Fortitude contest, as my Tranquility was working against it. It blocked one, then was broken by a second one that also ate 20% of my spirit. I have a feeling your Fortitude score is going to be just as good as your mentals though, if not better. That begs the question, however...should a stat contest even be doing spirit damage in the first place? I thought potentially lethal attacks had to be, well, attacks.

Needless to say, I didn't stick around very long to try them out after my barrier promptly broke (and took my discipline buff with it...grr). I probably would have done better if I were boosting my stamina instead of penalizing it, but then I wouldn't have even been able to try to attack them. I never even got around to trying to hit them though, so I'm still not even sure whether or not they're corporeal. It seemed like they would be in the "difficult-but-doable" realm for me as far as defending against them if not for the whopping special attack.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 03:53 PM CDT
Well looks like that was taken out? The spirit drain that is?
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 04:05 PM CDT
<<Well looks like that was taken out? The spirit drain that is?>>

I wouldn't think so, since he specifically said that applied to the hags and wretches, with no mention of the banshees. I suppose it's possible though.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: New Critter Feedback 04/12/2016 10:47 PM CDT
If it wasn't mentioned elsewhere:

The zephyrs and banshees both need a blessed weapon.