Misty Black Zephyrs 04/11/2016 09:54 AM CDT
First off thank you, this critter is definitely appreciated for having an undead to skin at this range.

Could the spawn/pathing be looked at, seems a little low. I'm not killing them very fast and at most usually only have two on me. Though I'm the only one here so that might be the issue.

For those interested:

Incorporeal creature skinnable/gems (occasionally a black zephyr heart) so need bless.
Unable to skin at all with 474 ranks
Unable to hide on them at range with 493 ranks (no armor)

Has a shriek ability that unbalances you.
The howling shriek of the frigid wind pierces your ears as it chills your body, swirling furiously throughout the area.
Your blood chills and your knees weaken.
A misty black zephyr grows stronger!

Has a rising mist type ability?
A misty black zephyr lurches forward, howling balefully as a swirling mass of dark fog explodes from its gaping maw, settling heavily over the area.

You are certain that the black zephyr is battered.
The black zephyr is cursed, and you are certain that it has an incredible spirit that is healthy.
You are certain that it is not quite as strong (65) as you are.
You are certain that it is apparently as agile (60) as you are.
You are certain that it is rather less disciplined (80) than you are.
You are certain that it is about as quick to react (60) as you are.
You are certain that it is about as conditioned (65) as you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a small diamond-hide shield sealed with protective wax and a sickle-bone flail, you are certain that the black zephyr is a slightly less skilled opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a sickle-bone flail, you are certain that the black zephyr is a simple opponent.
If you attacked with a sickle-bone flail (483), you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you threw the flail (478) at the enemy you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you defended by parrying attacks (636), you are certain that the enemy would train acceptably.
If you defended by evading attacks (551), you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you defended by blocking attacks (542), you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics (621), you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you targeted and cast a spell (666) at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you attempted to debilitate (738) the enemy, you are certain that it would train somewhat poorly.
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/11/2016 11:30 AM CDT

Shrieks also appears to pull 100 percent from hiding with 750+ skill
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/11/2016 05:02 PM CDT
I've been working on updating the wiki page for these things.
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Misty_Black_Zephyr

Very nice work to whomever was involved in making them. They are appreciated!
First impression:
Spawn rate needs a RADICAL adjustment upwards. These are in my hunting range and I go through them like a hot knife through butter. I see them spawn in the area, but it takes them forever to find me and there aren't very many of them. I have now gone upwards of 10 minutes without seeing a spawn.

Of course with this being said, I'm only happy with "Invasion" level spawn, I need 4 on me at all times with a replacement mob spawn within 6 seconds of mob death to be truly happy.

The special attacks don't bother me at all. As I postulated, I believe they are elemental in nature, Frostbite and Rising Mists, as PFE and MPP do not give any protection whatsoever. They are not spell casters as they are immune to HULP.

My appraisal with relevant ranks:
The black zephyr is cursed, and you are certain that it has an incredible spirit that is healthy.
You are certain that it is not quite as strong as you are. (75)
You are certain that it is about as agile as you are. (80)
You are certain that it is not quite as disciplined as you are. (65)
You are certain that it is rather less quick to react than you are. (115)
You are certain that it is about as conditioned as you are. (60)
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a coruscating target shield with a triquetra-shaped boss and a calcified femur, you are certain that the black zephyr is a less skilled opponent. (They die very easily.)
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with your fists, you are certain that the black zephyr is a harmless opponent. (Indeed, they hit me rarely and don't penetrate for damage.)
If you brawled with the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably. (652)
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well. (553)
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train acceptably. (607)
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train acceptably. (603)
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train acceptably. (690)
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably. (665)
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train somewhat poorly. (725)

Given the fact I can barely skin them at 526 ranks of skinning, I'm guessing that their range is 525-750+.

Grejuva, please make these things breed like rabbits and roam like the wind they are supposed to be? Pretty please with necromancer heads on top?

Prydaen prayer for the hunt:
http://pastebin.com/fRrP52H7
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/11/2016 05:08 PM CDT
Also, I have a bloody devil of a time trying to hit them with Divine Radiance, and I'm not sure why. They dodge it the majority of the time and deflect it if it does hit somehow. The only way I can get it to stick is to be Incredibly/Overwhelming, shove the thing across the room and with a 100 mana full target, this is still the result:

>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a misty black zephyr has completed.
R> har 95

You tap into the mana from ninety-five of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
R> shove

You shove a misty black zephyr with tremendous force, knocking it into a sprawling heap.
[You're mighty, nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
Roundtime: 3 sec.

R>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
R>
A misty black zephyr's body suddenly disperses into a fine cloud, then reforms in an upright, menacing position.

R> cast

You gesture at a misty black zephyr.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
A bright flash engulfs your hand as a ray of holy light streaks from your palm, speeding toward a misty black zephyr!
The black zephyr's dark tendrils blocks some of the light.
The ray strikes the black zephyr in the right leg, blossoming into an impressive display of flashing lights that cling to it.
A misty black zephyr staggers and falls backward.

...what dark tendrils?

Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/11/2016 05:11 PM CDT
Seems like that's the object that functions as their shield, which IIRC most high level mobs have? It fits with how they're described at least.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/11/2016 05:22 PM CDT
Yep, good call. It attempts to block melee/ranged attacks with its dark tendrils, so shield it is!

Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/11/2016 07:01 PM CDT
These and the others are all still blocked by the cursed door right or is there another way up there?
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/11/2016 07:02 PM CDT

The Zephyrs are before the first cursed door, the others are up in the temple, if you can't uncurse the doors you can climb up the long way instead.
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/12/2016 04:38 PM CDT
Grejuva, they seem to drop debuffs, or at least specifically the Divine Radiance debuff when they, "stand up".

First example:
http://pastebin.com/K4W4gt9T

---
No evidence that Divine Radiance is in effect. Although I can't be sure it is tied to this, since I can knock one down, hit it with DR, swipe at it immediately and have it in effect and 3 seconds later the next hit isn't.
---

Second example:
http://pastebin.com/9g8k44GZ

Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/13/2016 02:43 AM CDT
>>Grejuva, they seem to drop debuffs, or at least specifically the Divine Radiance debuff when they, "stand up".

I can't seem to replicate this, and there's shouldn't be anything about them that affects debuffs. Do you get the DR expiration message afterwards? Does it happen with any other debuff?

GM Grejuva
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/13/2016 02:01 PM CDT
Nope. I cast it, it is on them, first strike it is in effect, second strike it is ignoring it, etc. Expiration message is at the end.

http://pastebin.com/DNMqHvYL

Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/13/2016 03:24 PM CDT
>>Zephyrs will now use their special abilities somewhat less often.

Should this be toned down more or perhaps have it flagged to affect the one using it instead of all of them.

The howling shriek of the frigid wind pierces your ears as it chills your body, swirling furiously throughout the area.
Your blood chills and your knees weaken.

You are certain that the black zephyr is healthy.
You are certain that the black zephyr is slightly fatigued.
The black zephyr has more than a few serious wounds.

You see a misty black zephyr.
The black zephyr has faint scuffing to the right arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm with odd protrusions under the skin compounded by a broken left arm with gaping holes, tiny scratches to the right hand, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left hand compounded by deep slashes across the left hand, a severely swollen and deeply bruised chest area with odd protrusions under the skin compounded by gaping holes in the chest area, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by cuts and bruises about the abdomen, a severely swollen and deeply bruised back with odd protrusions under the skin compounded by gaping holes in the back.
The black zephyr is bleeding with slight bruising in the left hand, from the left hand, with widespread discoloration in the back, badly from the back, with widespread discoloration in the left arm, from the left arm, with widespread discoloration in the chest and badly from the chest.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!

Get variations of the above, by rights should be dead but perfectly healthy and end up having to keep hitting till a vital part is completely destroyed.
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/14/2016 04:04 AM CDT
>>Should this be toned down more

Yes. The vitality healing has now been severely downtweaked.

>>I cast it, it is on them, first strike it is in effect, second strike it is ignoring it, etc. Expiration message is at the end.

I'm stumped... I'll have to catch you in game to see this happen. Are you by chance squelching any light-related messaging? :P

GM Grejuva
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/14/2016 09:10 AM CDT

>>Yes. The vitality healing has now been severely downtweaked.

Awesome. Thanks Grejuva.
Re: Misty Black Zephyrs 04/14/2016 11:53 AM CDT
>>I'm stumped... I'll have to catch you in game to see this happen. Are you by chance squelching any light-related messaging? :P

I have nothing squelched. I'm usually available and IG from 1pm-10pm EST daily with some exceptions. Feel free.