Population in Lava Drakes 02/18/2016 10:19 AM CST
Hello GM's,

Was hoping you might consider adding a few new rooms to the lava drakes area. Seems like a lot of players are now hitting that area's skill range, which is great. However at nighttime especially... each room is packed with 2-3 (sometimes even 4) people per room. People get pushy about their rooms... and while some people will share, the real solution here is a few more rooms!

Maybe expand out the rooms in each corner to go out one more? I am sure lots of people would welcome this change with open arms! It is a good thing to see so many people hunting drakes now, but a little love would go a long way here!
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 02/19/2016 08:45 AM CST
Noted!

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 02/19/2016 08:52 AM CST
Woot. Thanks for taking notice!
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 06/10/2016 02:37 PM CDT

Hello! just thought id bump this one to see if any plans were in the works? It's getting really busy in drakes at times, as much as 3-4 people to a room. It's concerning because it would be VERY easy to miss a script check with as much scroll as can go on in there. Just a couple of rooms extension would help a boatload I think. It's a very popular critter.
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 06/10/2016 06:08 PM CDT
Why is it that people are so desperately overcrowding the drakes while the seemingly good alternative is almost completely abandoned? I think this only proves that the special abilities on wyvers are a little disproportionately harsh and those two problems could be resolved by a simply re-balancing those abilities? It must be really bad if there's literally no room left in drakes but no one is still willing to touch wyverns no matter what.

I could be missing something since i don't really hunt either of those two but something certainly doesn't smell right.
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 06/10/2016 08:51 PM CDT
I gave adult wyverns a fair chance, but their special attack sucks. Even with nearly 800 Athletics and the mechanical wings I'd still come away with a broken leg and bleeders when they caught me with it. I would be lucky to lock a single weapon before I had to leave and get healed, and to make it worse the Shard auto-healer stays pretty busy. I'd rather share a room in drakes than deal with wyverns.

Some more rooms in drakes would be nice though.
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 06/11/2016 07:44 PM CDT
The short answer is Wyvern special attack is ridiculously overtuned, and melts armor when it hits thus requiring repairs much much faster. Drakes have a special defensive attack but frankly its not as frustrating to deal with. Thats the simple fact of it.
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 06/21/2016 05:40 PM CDT
I tried out adult wyverns a few times, too. 1200 athletics and wings weren't enough to save me from breaking a leg from their special attack so I didn't stick around very long.

2nd or 3rd tier Xala'shar can be a decent alternative to lava drakes, although a few of their special attacks are annoying as well.
Lava drakes are my preferred creature to hunt, but I'll go to 3rd tier Xala'shar if it is too crowded.

Additional rooms in lava drakes, or an estate holder section (that allows estate holders to lead non-estate holders in?) would be awesome though.
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 06/22/2016 09:35 AM CDT
>I gave adult wyverns a fair chance, but their special attack sucks. Even with nearly 800 Athletics and the mechanical wings I'd still come away with a broken leg and bleeders when they caught me with it. I would be lucky to lock a single weapon before I had to leave and get healed, and to make it worse the Shard auto-healer stays pretty busy. I'd rather share a room in drakes than deal with wyverns.

This for me, too. I love wyverns and don't mind special attacks, but I've had to skip adult wyverns altogether because of this one. I'd rather deal with a knockdown, immobilize, stun, web, fair chance at a small bleeder or anything else. I don't mind the naphtha attack either. As it stands, however, it doesn't matter if you can dodge wyverns all day; you'll still randomly get trashed by that one special leg attack. And, this is coming from someone who's appreciated the challenge and diversity of attacks from some creatures like adan'f and malchata over the years.

The only time I'm in favor of severely damaging random attacks is when there's a fairer chance at a save, or it's a rare creature that drops above average loot.
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 06/22/2016 10:24 AM CDT

Special attacks in general are broken. See also: DP sentinels and zealots. I backtrain in there sometimes and regularly get lit on fire, put to sleep, etc.
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 06/23/2016 07:42 AM CDT
>>Special attacks in general are broken

The one that really bugs me is Assassins.

Samsaren
Re: Population in Lava Drakes 06/24/2016 05:37 PM CDT
>I've had to skip adult wyverns altogether because of this one<

I know that after some prodding from me last year Ssra was given the go-ahead to take a look at the adult wyvern special attack. Would be nice if a new GM would take up this task since he left us again.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."