Black Goblins and Hurling Axes 03/22/2019 05:19 PM CDT
Preface: I don't know whether to assign this to an issue with the goblins or the axes (or perhaps my own failure to know a command) or a mix of more.

Issue: I stay, I hunt. As is the case in 3.0+, I get small nicks and dings over many hours. Eventually, the nicks are enough that I take worse shots, with axes lodging. Eventually, I pick up some bleeders and want to go to a healer. BUT if I've been in a room a while, there are a bunch of axes. Some are at my feet, some are not.

Fine. I made the foolish mistake of throwing one at a goblin, which meant it landed at my feet. There were others on the ground. I needed leave as I'd reached the point where I got stunned a couple times, finally started picking up some bleeders, so I figured I might as well get healed rather than push it. Well, "get my hurl axe" didn't work, neither did "get first" "get second" etc. Every time I tried to pick up the axes, either dropping them or putting in my pack, I was stuck. I wasn't allowed to leave the room because of this admittedly useful mechanic.

Turns out that the axes lodged in my were somehow being counted against this, as if perhaps a goblin had picked up one of the axes I'd earlier removed via tend and thrown right back at the goblin. (My thrown skills are terrible. It just feels barbly to remove an axe from my chest and throw it right back at the <expletive train> that threw it at me).

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be logging. But the test would be:
1. Go there.
2. Get an axe or two lodged.
3. Throw it back.
4. Get more lodged.
5. See whether I'm crazy by trying to leave after collecting all axes on ground but not removing ones lodged.
Re: Black Goblins and Hurling Axes 03/22/2019 05:23 PM CDT
And if that wasn't clear enough, the problem is that every time I tried to leave I was told I couldn't because I had something (a hurling axe) at my feet and maybe don't want to leave it behind.

>south
"You notice a dull iron hurling axe with a sinew-wrapped leather hilt at your feet, and do not wish to leave it behind."

It looks as if I had to remove the two lodged axes, drop them, then use the "get my hurl axe" command to get the one actually at my feet, and then drop that one too. THEN I could run back.
Re: Black Goblins and Hurling Axes 03/23/2019 08:15 PM CDT
Yeah the parser can be odd. I wonder if you could have picked up the axe at your feet if you tried GET MY THIRD AXE or GET MY AXE AT MY FEET instead.

Nikpack