Box Rate 01/28/2017 09:01 PM CST
I understand that Stompers were dropping tons of boxes before ... but they now have a very dismal drop rate. Killing them constantly for an hour and have yet to see one box. Please increase the rate a bit. Thanks in advance.
Re: Box Rate 01/28/2017 09:49 PM CST
>but they now have a very dismal drop rate.

It's intention due to player abuse. Not likely to change.
Re: Box Rate 01/29/2017 02:08 PM CST

I'd support going back to the old box drop rate and just decreasing the loot dropped both in them and more generally (substantially if necessary).
Re: Box Rate 01/29/2017 02:20 PM CST
>>I'd support going back to the old box drop rate and just decreasing the loot dropped both in them and more generally (substantially if necessary).

AFAIK, that goes against how treasure was rebalanced a few years ago.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Box Rate 02/01/2017 08:09 PM CST

"It's intention due to player abuse. Not likely to change"

I don't really care who is abusing what mechanics. maintain a decent box rate (similar to Raiders will do) and figure out a way to deal with the battle scripters... Don't have to screw everyone else...
Re: Box Rate 02/02/2017 02:54 AM CST
>I don't really care who is abusing what mechanics. maintain a decent box rate (similar to Raiders will do) and figure out a way to deal with the battle scripters... Don't have to screw everyone else...

The game needs to be balanced around the very worst-case scenario. "Box drop rate" needs to be adjusted for the reality of HLC's sitting there spamming fire rain with two alt characters just to increase gen. Them's the breaks.

Box drop rate could be increased, but then spawn rate would need to be decreased. Those are the only two variables you have.
Re: Box Rate 02/02/2017 03:07 AM CST
I'm surprised DR hasn't gone more of the route of GSIV. The more a area is hunted the less the creatures pay out.
Re: Box Rate 02/02/2017 07:39 AM CST
Solomon discussed a plan yonks ago to bonus the payout rate in areas that are hunted less, which is the same idea but worded in a way that won't get you crucified by DR players. I expect they never found the manpower.

For these complaints, though, I doubt people care if their boxes are completely empty so long as they can train the skill.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Box Rate 02/02/2017 10:21 AM CST
Loot drops and skins need to be universally heavily nerfed and not scale as drastically. Also loot should decrease as hunting areas get full.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Box Rate 02/02/2017 10:22 AM CST
Just to clarify keep dropping boxes for training but they would hold less loot inside.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Box Rate 02/02/2017 10:36 AM CST
>>Loot drops and skins need to be universally heavily nerfed and not scale as drastically. Also loot should decrease as hunting areas get full.

Because of the current number of plats in the system you'd want loot drops heavily increased and not scale as drastically. Devalue the currency massively (say everything starts producing 100x what it currently does) and then re-scale loot rewards to less of a range.

If you heavily nerf loot rewards and then re-scale, you're just making the people with 2+ million plat that much richer.

Adding onto the massive undertaking that this would be (changing all loot drops to every critter across the game) you'd also probably want to introduce a new level of currency. I can't even imagine how hard that would be given the age of the game.

Or maybe the answer is to introduce a new type of ticket that's tradeable, dropped by critters, and able to be converted to/from platinum at a massive rate instead of dealing with trying to add a new type of coin.
Re: Box Rate 02/02/2017 10:46 AM CST

>>For these complaints, though, I doubt people care if their boxes are completely empty so long as they can train the skill.

This.
Re: Box Rate 02/02/2017 11:34 AM CST
>>If you heavily nerf loot rewards and then re-scale, you're just making the people with 2+ million plat that much richer.

Temporarily. Money's going to continue to circulate and those coins will either be (1) given to other players in exchange for goods, (2) sold on a secondary market, and/or (3) removed from the system via high-end products at auctions/festivals or alterations/etc.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Box Rate 02/02/2017 11:51 AM CST
> Temporarily. Money's going to continue to circulate and those coins will either be (1) given to other players in exchange for goods, (2) sold on a secondary market, and/or (3) removed from the system via high-end products at auctions/festivals or alterations/etc.

This wouldn't be temporary. It would be the same situation with smaller numbers after years of drains.

The last HE auction drained 668,000 platinum Dokoras from the system. A million platinum would let you buy every item in the auction, 5 people with 2+ million sharing items among themselves, their alts, and their buyers, would lock everyone else out for the next decade. Longer, if they sold these one of a kind items for more than they purchased them for either via laundering them through real-world dollars or in game for plat.

Adding insult to injury, the people with that decades worth of farming on multiple characters are going to stay at the top indefinitely. They will have the same farmers producing more than their neighbor. They would have the same percentage of the total economy. It's just that their stock would be worth more when compared to real-world dollars.

The system is probably impossible to solve at this point, without scrapping the current currency and starting over (essentially what they're doing with bind on account tickets for each of the events).
Re: Box Rate 02/04/2017 02:31 PM CST

Wonderful feedback. Please increase the number of boxes released. Reduce the treasure if you are so inclined. Thanks in advance.

"Box drop rate could be increased, but then spawn rate would need to be decreased. Those are the only two variables you have."

on a side note... Half the time the Stompers are entering and leaving the room because my character can't kill them fast enough. Reduce the spawn rate for all I care.... just need to make the one or two hours of playing time I have a day productive.