Malchata Spawn 01/15/2016 03:43 PM CST
Could someone take a peak please? Seems ok with 1 person in the area, terrible with 2+

Thanks!
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/15/2016 04:16 PM CST
I agree, its ugly with 2+

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/16/2016 05:42 PM CST
Will check.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/17/2016 09:35 AM CST

>>Will check.

<3
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/17/2016 12:20 PM CST
Found a slight problem with the malchata generators and have fixed it.

Be warned, spawn may be heavy, as it used to be capped by a total creature population. If it needs to be dialed back, please post here.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/17/2016 01:21 PM CST
That's cool, I always remember having issues when there was a few folks in there. Luckily at the time not many folks hunted there. I pop in there every now and then when i'm around shard, but since they started casting the new version of fireball I find the scroll very hectic.
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/19/2016 07:33 AM CST
Hah, I knew something was wrong with that place. Thanks for looking into it (again)!

Prydaen prayer for the hunt:
http://pastebin.com/fRrP52H7
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/20/2016 06:19 PM CST

Since these are being discussed, anyone know roughly what kind of defenses you'd need to dance with four of them and not get quickly killed by the fireballs? Looking for a baseline without buffs or anything like that. Pedia says 500-700 would like to narrow it down so I can plan ahead a little.
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/20/2016 08:45 PM CST
I skipped them personally. The special attacks annoyed me. Went the ape/dillo path.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/20/2016 09:29 PM CST
95 Reflex, 750 Evasion, 650 everything else. Didn't teach Stealth (also 750) or Evasion one lick.

Never got hit with Fireball (they actually end up killing one another rather quickly because of the explosion effect), and never got hit with the special attacks.

I tried them probably 100 ranks earlier and they were a bit more dangerous, due to them landing special attacks. This may have changed with some updates (don't quite remember when those landed).

I opted for apes/bulls instead. If you need boxes, I'd do apes and all those zombies in BC. If you just want something to kill/skin, bulls are great, and just a swim away from civilization.

GENT
Re: Malchata Spawn 01/20/2016 10:46 PM CST
Been doing Malchata for a few months now, started with 60 reflex and 650 evasion, 500ish shield. I occasionally got hit by their special attacks/fireballs but it was easy enough to stand up.

Evasion soft capped around 720-730.
Re: Malchata Spawn 05/14/2016 08:07 AM CDT
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I saw that this existed and was about to ask the same request. Malchata spawn is pretty horrible. I guess from what I read, it got looked into, but it is still pretty awful? I am hardly seeing these things spawn. Could it be reevaluated? :) Thanks!!

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Malchata Spawn 05/14/2016 08:35 AM CDT
I agree with Mr. Squanto here, malchata spawn seems to be quite slow. Even using a warhorn (lure), I find myself sitting and waiting for minutes at a time.
Re: Malchata Spawn 05/14/2016 07:10 PM CDT
Odd.. I cranked them up pretty high. I'll take another look.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Malchata Spawn 05/14/2016 09:42 PM CDT
Thanks, Salty.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Malchata Spawn 05/14/2016 11:33 PM CDT
Me thinks the maze-like layout might be the culprit?

GENT