Tusky Spawn 10/16/2015 02:01 AM CDT
I work all the weapon skills, and when I used to hunt boar clan zombies it wasn't unusual to run into a tusky or maybe two at most during a hunt that long. I hadn't been there in a while, but when I went there tonight I had 7 tuskies show up, not all at once of course but during the entire hunt.

That is quite a lot, way more than ever before. Has their spawn been bumped? Or did I just run into an RNG run amok? I've finally gotten my weapons high enough so I can kill them without much trouble, but I was curious as to what anyone thought was happening.
Re: Tusky Spawn 10/16/2015 05:50 AM CDT
I've walked in there before to find 4-5 tuskies and nothing else. Not sure if they despawn like regular critters. Potentially someone hunting in there for a bit and avoiding tuskies could cause them to build up?

Im not sure either just thought I would confirm that it does happen

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Tusky Spawn 10/16/2015 07:46 AM CDT
There probably wasn't anyone else hunting in the area, or they avoided it. Splitters can get busy at times and that will suck up the Tuskies usually, but if it's not then you will see more of them since there is no one else to kill it.

>>I've walked in there before to find 4-5 tuskies and nothing else.

If you mean that you saw more than 1 Tuskie at a time then that is a bug and you should BUG it next time.
Re: Tusky Spawn 10/16/2015 10:37 AM CDT
<<If you mean that you saw more than 1 Tuskie at a time then that is a bug and you should BUG it next time.>>

That IS what I meant and next time I see it I will indeed BUG it.

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Tusky Spawn 10/20/2015 07:32 AM CDT
I'll take a look. I vaguely remember poking at the spawn for something else in that hunting area.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Tusky Spawn 10/20/2015 10:32 PM CDT
Thanks, Naohhi. It definitely sounds like something might be a bit wonky at times up there.