Potential Stormbull bug? 09/24/2015 04:44 PM CDT
Most attacks do this -

You leap out of hiding and ambush a storm bull, catching it off guard.
< Moving in gracefully, you swing a glaes mace at a storm bull. A storm bull attempts to evade, only partially avoiding the impact. The mace lands a strong hit that turns the quadricep to mush and crushes the femur in a mighty strike across the left leg.
A storm bull expires with a bellow and a crackle of electricity.
The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around a storm bull.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

However, some attacks do this -

You leap out of hiding and ambush a storm bull, catching it off guard.
< Moving in gracefully, you slam its long pearly horn at a storm bull. A storm bull attempts to dodge, twisting partially away from much of the blow. The horn lands a strong hit that thumps painfully off the side of the neck, lightly stunning it.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

I seem to be attacking the bull with it's own horn? I'm definitely not using any weapon that's got 'horn' in it's description.
Re: Potential Stormbull bug? 09/24/2015 06:20 PM CDT
It's an issue with the slam attack from what I can tell.

I have the same issue in Resuscitants and Lava Drakes. I attack resuscitants with their forearms, and drakes with their claws.
Re: Potential Stormbull bug? 09/24/2015 06:30 PM CDT
Was this happening before the update to slamming with left arm shield?

/salute

-Ssra
Re: Potential Stormbull bug? 09/25/2015 01:50 AM CDT
I was trying to figure that out myself, Ssra. I'll have to go find some older logs and check.
Re: Potential Stormbull bug? 09/25/2015 02:10 AM CDT
Alright, I just checked my logs. I apparently don't slam very often...

Here's what I found. The last time I saw the bug before you implemented slamming with a worn shield was on 11/12/2014. After that, I started seeing it on 9/15/2015. Again, I don't slam too often.

More bug examples:
>slam
< With grace, you slam a wild swing of its rotten leg at a Misenseor resuscitant. A Misenseor resuscitant attempts to evade, mainly avoiding the blow. The rotten leg lands a light hit to the resuscitant chest.
[You're winded, slightly off balance and opponent has slight advantage.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R>
>slam
< Fluidly, you slam its decaying forearm at a Misenseor resuscitant. A Misenseor resuscitant badly fails to parry with its decaying forearm. The forearm lands a good strike to the resuscitant left arm.
[You're winded, off balance with opponent in better position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

< Attacking forcefully, you slam its fiery claws at a lava drake. A lava drake barely fails to block with stony hide. The claws lands a good hit to the drake's left hand.
[You're bruised, winded, solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
Re: Potential Stormbull bug? 09/25/2015 02:23 AM CDT
Thanks. Will look into it.

/salute

-Ssra
Re: Potential Stormbull bug? 09/25/2015 02:35 AM CDT
I tried finding some other logs of me doing a successful slam where it gave appropriate messaging, but since I couldn't remember the correct messaging, I wasn't able to find one.
Re: Potential Stormbull bug? 09/25/2015 11:19 AM CDT

I honestly couldn't say if it was happening more or less before the update to slam, buuuuuuuuuut I'm vaguely of the mind that this isn't something that just started happening? That said, I definitely haven't noticed it on any other critters, and I got to stormbulls with this character fairly recently, so maybe it is a more recent-ish thing.

Sorry to not be more helpful!