Spirit Dancers and Debilitation 06/11/2014 02:08 PM CDT
Hi there, I figured I'd post and ask about this. I know some creatures were having issues training stuff post 3.1 so I am giving a data point and asking if it's normal, maybe their stats are too low or something.

Hunting Adan'f Spirit Dancers, I can train pretty much everything fine except Debilitation which is at 622. I can cast over and over and over, even capping spells, and not get over 1/34. This is with 622 ranks of debil.

At similar ranks of TM, I can lock no problem.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re: Spirit Dancers and Debilitation 06/11/2014 02:14 PM CDT
>>Hunting Adan'f Spirit Dancers, I can train pretty much everything fine except Debilitation which is at 622. I can cast over and over and over, even capping spells, and not get over 1/34. This is with 622 ranks of debil.

Two quick questions!

1) What does it say about debilitation when you appraise careful?
2) Do you grossly outclass them, stat-wise, when it comes to the debil check? I think that if you have huge stats, that also pushes you above how far they can teach (I disagree with it doing that, but I think that's what it currently does).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Spirit Dancers and Debilitation 06/15/2014 03:20 PM CDT
His point is not unique to spirit dancers. Debilitation trains very poorly compared to other offensive skills. There's a reason why all moon mages are looking for demriss' resolve scrolls (it's aoe debil that can be used all the time, unlike mind shout).
Re: Spirit Dancers and Debilitation 06/15/2014 05:28 PM CDT
It apps badly, so I tried on a few other things (Malchata being one where it appraises very well) and I still have issues training it. Then on storm bulls, which it ALSO appraises very badly, I can lock it no problem.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide