Black Apes 06/02/2014 10:35 AM CDT
Can we have the spawn in apes looked at and/or the mechanics for having them find us easier put in place? It's falling apart once people start sitting on them for defenses.
Re: Black Apes 06/03/2014 12:58 AM CDT
I have seen quite a few critters spawn dwindle to nothing when someone is not killing. Shalswar, Dragon Priest Zealots/Sentinels/Crones, Malchata off the top of my head.
I stood in some of these areas for 5 minutes plus with no spawn when someone is not killing.
Not sure if it is a bug but it is definitely frustrating at times.
Re: Black Apes 06/03/2014 01:28 AM CDT
I've attempted to train in more than a few hunting grounds that seem to experience this issue. Warklins is another that comes to mind.

Maybe this has been answered in the past, but is there a reason that the critter gen in all hunting grounds isn't cranked up to swarm like grass eels, sand sprites, celpeze, etc? I certainly don't think that I've ever heard anyone complain about a hunting ground having "too much" spawn. The more, the merrier!

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Black Apes 06/03/2014 02:35 PM CDT
I haven't noticed in Spawn issues with Apes.

Arct
Re: Black Apes 06/07/2014 05:14 PM CDT
>Maybe this has been answered in the past, but is there a reason that the critter gen in all hunting grounds isn't cranked up to swarm like grass eels, sand sprites, celpeze, etc?

It goes something along the lines of some areas are meant to be slow to accommodate people who are just moving up. Taking on one critter is a different skill difficulty from taking on three or four.

Plus I suspect there's a suspicion that if you need 4 per to hunt something, then they're probably too easy for you and maybe shouldn't be teaching at all.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Black Apes 06/08/2014 04:53 PM CDT
>Plus I suspect there's a suspicion that if you need 4 per to hunt something, then they're probably too easy for you and maybe shouldn't be teaching at all.

It's not that we need 4 to hunt, it's the time it takes for creatures to find you. Most of us would be perfectly fine if we could have a static amount in a room at all times instead of waiting minutes without anything showing up. I'd be happy with 2 at melee and on one's death another shows up right away. This creature per hunting ground cap and spawn levels is kind of asinine. There has to be a better way to manage resources.
Re: Black Apes 06/08/2014 07:17 PM CDT
>It's not that we need 4 to hunt, it's the time it takes for creatures to find you.

The problem is that the settings affect the entire area. You might be good enough to whack them as fast as they come, but that kid over there might not and suddenly he has 4 on them, BAM! dead.

Assuming the numbering is intentional, it may be that you're not the target audience for the area. Not that I've hunted in forever (get those kids off my lawn!), but when I did I found that "teaches me" was not necessarily the same as "good place for me to hunt."

Or I could be wrong. Just a guess.

Someone's going to get mad no matter what you do, so I don't envy the people who have to figure this out.

>Most of us would be perfectly fine if we could have a static amount in a room at all times instead of waiting minutes without anything showing up. I'd be happy with 2 at melee and on one's death another shows up right away.

That assumes it's possible to do that and not hardcoded somewhere. DR excels at having those wonderful quirks of code that make no sense to us laypeople.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Black Apes 06/10/2014 10:12 AM CDT
I don't seem to have a problem getting apes, and learning what I need to learn there.

Arct
Re: Black Apes 06/10/2014 02:10 PM CDT
Yeah honestly I just hopped over to try apes recently, and I thought the spawn there seemed really strong.

And out of curiosity, are there still people that segue into hunting grounds by dancing with just one or two critters at a time? I remember using this technique years and years ago, but for the last half decade or so now, on every character I've trained, I always pursue hunting grounds with the heaviest spawn rates, and have never felt the need for lower critter gen at any time. This could just be my personal training style, but I was under the impression this was the norm.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Black Apes 06/10/2014 04:51 PM CDT
I used to dance with stuff too, like keep two on me and kill the adds, but I also don't do it anymore. They slowed killing down enough that if they place has even reasonable spawn rates your gonna be ok.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html