Ice Archons ignoring barriers 05/20/2014 01:12 PM CDT
Ice Archons seem to be ignoring barriers AND giving wounds from 100% vitality with their curb stomp, i think this needs to be adjusted. Thief physical barrier gives a message when it goes off, it is being ignored 100% by the archon stomp.
I went from full health with a barrier up, to hurt and bleeding in a single hit. Archons never land anything over a good hit on me, which is reduced even further if i have my barrier up.

You suddenly sense that your defenses have been beaten, and move to minimize the damage.
* Timing it well, an ice archon feints to the side at you. You barely fail to block with small shield.
The sword lands a grazing (0/23) blow to your left leg.
[You're winded, adeptly balanced and in strong position.]

* Moving in like a timid schoolboy, an ice archon feints high at you. You evade, jumping to one side.
[You're winded, incredibly balanced and have slight advantage.]
R>
An ice archon raises its massive icy foot and brings it downward!
An ice archon attempts to stomp on your left leg, and the icy foot comes down sharply on your left leg, crushing it!
[You're hurt, winded, incredibly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]

!R>
Re: Ice Archons ignoring barriers 05/20/2014 06:41 PM CDT
Sounds like you dont have the right amount of defensive stats to win the contest! Although since its a damaging spell, it seems it work work off TM. Hrm...

Falker
Re: Ice Archons ignoring barriers 05/20/2014 11:09 PM CDT
It's based off defenses. I get hit by it occasionally as well. It was down-tweaked to not do so much damage, but it seems like somewhere along the way, that tweak was undone.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Adult Wyverns 05/21/2014 08:16 PM CDT
There is nothing else to face!

This wasn't so fun in the late 90s and it still kinda sux now.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Ice Archons ignoring barriers 05/24/2014 04:08 PM CDT
> It's based off defenses. I get hit by it occasionally as well. It was down-tweaked to not do so much damage, but it seems like somewhere along the way, that tweak was undone.

Ice Archon special attack is still too powerful and ignoring barriers, can we please get this fixed?
Re: Ice Archons ignoring barriers 05/30/2014 12:17 PM CDT
Archons are still broken, this war stomp gave me a bleeder past barriers without dropping me below 90% vitality. Can we please get this fixed?

You suddenly sense that your defenses have been beaten, and move to minimize the damage.
* Moving with grace, an ice archon feints to the side at you. You attempt to evade.
The sword lands a harmless (0/23) blow to your left leg.
[You're nimbly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]

An ice archon attempts to stomp on your chest, and the icy foot comes down sharply on your chest, crushing it!
[You're bruised, nimbly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
Re: Ice Archons ignoring barriers 06/13/2014 03:31 PM CDT
> Ice Archons seem to be ignoring barriers AND giving wounds from 100% vitality with their curb stomp, i think this needs to be adjusted. Thief physical barrier gives a message when it goes off, it is being ignored 100% by the archon stomp.
I went from full health with a barrier up, to hurt and bleeding in a single hit. Archons never land anything over a good hit on me, which is reduced even further if i have my barrier up.

HI, WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?

* Trying inexpertly, an ice archon slices wide at you. You barely block with a small shield.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>
An ice archon attempts to stomp on your chest, and the icy foot comes down sharply on your chest, crushing it!
[You're hurt, solidly balanced with opponent in superior position.]

!>
barrier up, full vitality, full balance, bleeder straight through all of it from 100% health.
Re: Ice Archons ignoring barriers 06/16/2014 12:34 AM CDT
Archons should now respect barriers.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: Adult Wyverns 06/16/2014 12:38 AM CDT
Adult wyverns should be a little swarmier now.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: Adult Wyverns 06/16/2014 10:49 AM CDT
>Adult wyverns should be a little swarmier now.

I haven't been able to notice a difference, I'm waiting 2-4 minutes before I see any of them appear in my room. It doesn't seem like the logic for them finding players is happening like they are in Young or Juvenile Wyverns.