Void Moths 05/12/2014 07:51 PM CDT
Been playing around in Void Moths and I cannot seem to land any debil based spell on them. With 100+ in all stats, 1100 debil and 100 mana in Branch Break, Curse of the Wilds, Devolve, or Haraweps bonds, nothing lands. I even tried messing with spell stance, and still can't land anything.

Do Void Moth's have some crazy amount of magic resistance? They just seem flat out immune to any spell I have.
Re: Void Moths 05/12/2014 07:56 PM CDT
Undead have nasty MR, in that you literally must prep at min mana plus 1. Min mana will fail.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Void Moths 05/12/2014 08:10 PM CDT
If thats the case, is it possible that their MR is so high that the minimum mana to affect them is higher than the cap of a spell? For example if the cap of Branch Break is 109 and they need 112 mana to be affect, then it would be impossible to ever affect them with anything.
Re: Void Moths 05/12/2014 09:07 PM CDT
>If thats the case, is it possible that their MR is so high that the minimum mana to affect them is higher than the cap of a spell?

No, you misunderstand.

You literally have to prep at min+1 mana otherwise the spells fail. If you're casting above min+1 mana, that's not the issue. You didn't specify mana you were casting at (or if you did I missed it, apologies), so I took a while guess.

Otherwise, uh, is 1100 debil too low to effect them?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Void Moths 05/12/2014 09:15 PM CDT
I was casting these spells with 100 mana for all spells.

Seems silly that I would not be able to affect them at all, considering 1100 brawling can kill them.
Re: Void Moths 05/12/2014 09:17 PM CDT
>Otherwise, uh, is 1100 debil too low to effect them?

Ranks themselves don't really contribute to the pass/fail of a Save. It's typically your attacking stat vs their defending stat modified by the amount of mana used. Ranks directly affect the ability to modify the cast based on more mana, or in his case, capping the spell.

It seems like those things are mega resistant, would be interesting to hear GM feedback though if this is intended?
Re: Void Moths 05/12/2014 11:40 PM CDT
>Otherwise, uh, is 1100 debil too low to effect them?

They have over 125 in all their stats -- this isn't me giving them uber stats, that's just the default setting for a creature of that level. So -- it's possible you're failing the SvS contests. I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences using debil spells on them is.

Other than being cursed creatures, moths don't have any kind of special MR. So if it's just a problem of their stats being zany, then that will be a problem for all creatures at that level and should be addressed from the other direction, if that makes any sense.

So I'm interested to hear other people's experiences.

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.
Re: Void Moths 05/19/2014 07:53 PM CDT
> I have a huge problem with this, then.

You may wish to read the rest of the thread.
Re: Void Moths 05/20/2014 12:20 AM CDT
Ayep. Should have read the rest. Disregard my last post.

Falker