Boar clan zombies 05/08/2014 06:48 AM CDT

I understand the ranges on critters were changed. I was hunting stompers pre 3.1, and while learning a touch slow, I was learning everything. 3.1 hits, I try maulers, nothing past dabbling, so I move up to headsplitters. For the record, talking 620s defenses, 630s 2he. I have been in combat, attacking continuously for 38 minutes now. Defenses are moving without issue, and I am being occasionally hit harder than I would like, but to be expected for a decent rate of experience gain. 2he, however, has gained 10 mindstates in these 38 minutes. In parry stance, continuously having 4 on me, unless i kill one and it takes a few seconds for another to advance. Now, I am not doing tactics, or anything else silly, in combat. I am attacking, using hunt, and using >maneuver cleave. That is all. This is borderline unplayable. At this rate, it would take around 2 hours to lock twohanded edge, which will long pulse clear before even my other two REQUIRED weapons are moving with any staying power in the pools. Not going to be possible to maintain more than one weapon indefinitely, potentially 2, as a weapon prime, and that is without ever leaving combat.
Re: Boar clan zombies 05/08/2014 07:01 AM CDT

And, I just noticed as well, after nearly an hour of actively training 2he in the manner stated above, I am at dabbling (1/34) in melee mastery.
Re: Boar clan zombies 05/08/2014 07:45 AM CDT
Try apes?

I had to jump two full creature levels in the change.
Re: Boar clan zombies 05/08/2014 08:17 AM CDT

Didn't even strike me that they would have lowered the effective top cap of a creature to nearly it's old bottom cap. As head splitters old low cap was 600, and apes is 490, I am willing to wager they wont teach me either. Still find it quite odd that while very slowly, I was able to move twohanded edge, melee mastery never moved past 1/34, and pulsed completely clear often.
Re: Boar clan zombies 05/08/2014 08:24 AM CDT
Some of the critters had some massive changes. They might be one. Maybe assassins? I don't know. I had to cycle through four different sets of critters to find what worked best in the new world.
Wyvern (and other outside areas) Quality of Life 05/08/2014 09:48 AM CDT
This is a pretty niche quality of life request for Wyverns and basically any outdoor area but I suppose I'll ask anyways.

Can the Wyvern area be updated to include dirt as a forageable item? I can find Rocks and Stems and the room descriptions show wild life so it would make sense that dirt be available. As a Cleric it's a key requirement for one of our communes, which are used to power other communes. We already have to carry large amounts of materials to work Theurgy consistently, so being able to forage dirt regardless of where we are would be a huge plus.

I know 3.1 has a lot more pressing issues that are being ironed out by staff, and this really only effects a small player portion, but it's worth a shot to see if that might be considered.

Thanks,

-AMJ
Re: Wyvern (and other outside areas) Quality of Life 05/08/2014 09:56 AM CDT
It's less a matter of getting dirt added to Wyvern's and more a matter of getting dirt added to the table for the environmental setting used by those rooms.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Wyvern (and other outside areas) Quality of Life 05/08/2014 10:52 AM CDT
Thieves will also need to spend millions of item counts of dirt now to train, it's one of their very minimal tools to train debilitation, so it would be appreciated.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Wyvern (and other outside areas) Quality of Life 05/08/2014 10:54 AM CDT
>>Thieves will also need to spend millions of item counts of dirt now to train, it's one of their very minimal tools to train debilitation, so it would be appreciated.

Thieves at least have those dirt stacking pouches. That said, it would be nice if the dirt stacking pouches we made more available and maybe had their stack limit expanded.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Wyvern (and other outside areas) Quality of Life ::nudge:: 05/08/2014 02:38 PM CDT
Lets call this one done unless someone has something constructive to add.

If you have questions or comments please email me at MOD-Akadis@play.net or Senior Board Moderator Sidatura at DR-Sidatura@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net
Wyvern (and other outside areas) Quality of Life Repost 05/08/2014 03:08 PM CDT
This is a pretty niche quality of life request for Wyverns and basically any outdoor area but I suppose I'll ask anyways.

Can the Wyvern area be updated to include dirt as a forageable item? I can find Rocks and Stems and the room descriptions show wild life so it would make sense that dirt be available. As a Cleric it's a key requirement for one of our communes, which are used to power other communes. We already have to carry large amounts of materials to work Theurgy consistently, so being able to forage dirt regardless of where we are would be a huge plus.

I know 3.1 has a lot more pressing issues that are being ironed out by staff, and this really only effects a small player portion, but it's worth a shot to see if that might be considered.

Thanks,

-AMJ
Re: Wyvern (and other outside areas) Quality of Life Repost 05/08/2014 03:57 PM CDT
To add to Clerixhax's request, could the spawn speed be raised in bone wyverns? It seems very very low. They take a long while to find their way to my room.

Thanks.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Wyvern (and other outside areas) Quality of Life Repost 05/08/2014 04:08 PM CDT
I like this idea a lot! Dirt is nature's candy!

Adult Wyvern Spawn 05/09/2014 09:25 AM CDT
Just curious if someone wouldn't mind taking a look at the spawn rate or the AI in adults finding players. I still seem to go on long stretches before I am able to run into any.

I've been able to lock Mech and Outdoorsmanship before I'm able to get my TM really going.