Love the Archons 03/16/2014 11:20 PM CDT
Love the Archons, they are pretty cool, thanks. But what's up with no skinning on Archons, Intercessors or Cabalists? I assume these are the top 3 creatures in the game?
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 04:18 AM CDT
It depends on the creature concept if it's skinnable or drops boxes.

I'm a little surprised Intercessor's can't be skinned (since many Adan'f can be) but the other two don't really make sense to skin.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 05:41 AM CDT
>these are the top 3 creatures in the game?

This is less accurate than you might think. Also, the current highest creature in the game is skinnable.

-Persida
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 09:27 AM CDT

Oh oops, I was thinking intercessors, cabalists and archons are the highest huntable at any time in TF creatures in the game. Am I mistaken?
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 10:47 AM CDT
Apparently Bone Wyverns are higher than Ice Archons. Also, you forgot Lava Drakes in there.
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 11:13 AM CDT
And moths
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 11:31 AM CDT
>>Oh oops, I was thinking intercessors, cabalists and archons are the highest huntable at any time in TF creatures in the game. Am I mistaken?

Yes, you are mistaken.

>Apparently Bone Wyverns are higher than Ice Archons.

This is correct by a non-negligible amount.

>Also, you forgot Lava Drakes in there.

These are a bit too small to be in the top three anymore.

Another fun fact is that there are more than a few creatures that are tied or near tied for the place of Lava Drakes in the relative ranking of high-end hunting. Of course there are all sorts of other factors that can make one creature harder or easier for any particular PC and there is some variance in which teach the highest for particular skills.

-Persida
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 12:55 PM CDT
Throw everyone for a loop and allow players to skin archons but have it be harvesting their power source and have it require arcana.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 02:34 PM CDT
>Throw everyone for a loop and allow players to skin archons but have it be harvesting their power source and have it require arcana.

Guild: Barbarian
Circle: 200

Arcana: 338 68% (1/34) +0.57

lets do it
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 06:39 PM CDT

Ok thanks. Yea it did seem bone wyverns were a little harder than archons when I tried them. Thanks for confirming. Seems weird though, why would I want to hunt those if archons already teach to 1750? Assumption only on teaching 1750, my plate armor is locking quickly with ~1650 ranks.
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 07:27 PM CDT
Well, for one, Bone Wyverns are skinnable.

-Persida
Re: Love the Archons 03/17/2014 09:44 PM CDT

Nice, they are really something to look forward to it looks like. I just tried them, and couldn't really even hurt them with about 1400's Small blunt. Will be something to work up to.