Ice Archons request 03/11/2014 08:01 PM CDT
Hey, I had a request with the new Ice Archon mobs on Wyvern Mountains.

Their stomp attack cannot be parried, but it can be blocked/evaded. Could they be changed to be parryable? It hurts very badly to be hit by it(~15% w/ a guaranteed bleeder), and currently no one can really train there.

I think that would change if this were changed, though. There are a ton of people in that general range and I'm sure it would be very popular for the high rank crowd if said change were made.

Thanks.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Ice Archons request 03/11/2014 08:05 PM CDT
Absolutely agreed with Gorteous! This would be a great update. You should be able to knock it aside with a weapon just as easy as you do with a shield.
Re: Ice Archons request 03/11/2014 08:07 PM CDT
To clarify, that stomp is something that is preventing pretty much every person who wants to hunt there from being able to.

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Ice Archons request 03/11/2014 10:48 PM CDT
Raikage has informed me that they hardly drop any boxes at all, even though they are supposed to. Been here for half an hour and have seen one box so far. That's pretty low considering I've killed 50+.

Re: Ice Archons request 03/12/2014 02:11 PM CDT
I'll look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: Ice Archons request 03/12/2014 03:58 PM CDT
A few changes have been made to the archons:

* The stomp can now be parried as well as shielded.
* The stomp attack actually works correctly now -- if the archon is not at melee with someone, it stomps on the ground, instead of stomping your face from missile range.
* The stomp attack is somewhat less mean now in general.
* Archons drop a good deal more boxes now.
* I'm fairly sure the formula to make these have really good eyesight made a number roll over to negative somewhere. These creatures should be much more perceptive now.

Any questions or comments, let me know. Thanks!

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: Ice Archons request 03/12/2014 04:19 PM CDT
>A few changes have been made to the archons:

My future Archon hunting self thanks you a lot.
Re: Ice Archons request 03/12/2014 05:53 PM CDT
>> Abasha's multifaceted marvels of model GM magnificence

Y E S

Thank you!!!

Re: Ice Archons request 03/12/2014 08:44 PM CDT

Thanks Abasha! All these changes you've made recently have really made these huntable!
Re: Ice Archons request 03/12/2014 08:45 PM CDT

Thank you very much for these changes.