Adult Wyvern Special Attack 01/18/2016 12:14 PM CST
So I understand that this attack contests Athletics if they succeed at picking you up, and that cloaks and clockwork wings help make that check easier. My question is do the wings and cloaks stack? I have a set of the clockwork wings on that are supposed to help but all I'm getting when I'm dropped is messaging about using my cloak as a parachute with no mention of the wings.

An adult wyvern swoops at you suddenly, trying to pick you up in its razor-sharp talons!
You are suddenly snatched up by the adult wyvern's razor-sharp talons, and it flies to a dizzying height! The creature's intent becomes clear as it simply lets you go. You suddenly find yourself in freefall, plummeting toward the earth.
You manage to billow out your outrider's cloak like a parachute, which slows your fall somewhat.
You land on the ground with a WHUMPH. Several of your ribs crack in your chest, and you feel the bones in your legs strain from the fall. Quickly, you work your way back to your feet.
[You're battered, off balance with opponent in very strong position.]

You tap a pair of arching platinum-framed wings ornamented with muracite that you are wearing.
> l wing
Riveted to the curving top line, sinuously unfurling shapes and eccentric curlicues of platinum form the openwork structure. Ranging from dark grey to green, muracite forms angular lines and decorative gears. Crafted for unobtrusive comfort, a dark green silk harness secures the clockwork wings.

I pulled the wings out, if that even matters, but I'm not getting any messaging that they are doing anything to help me with the attack. So do I have to remove my cloak to have them be usable when I hunt, and do the wings make the check easier than using a cloak?
Re: Adult Wyvern Special Attack 01/19/2016 07:33 AM CST
I really hate the way special attacks are handled, but even more ridiculous is a bunch of people with huge wings swirling about in combat. It's just silly. Wyverns attack is annoying, as is hawks.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Adult Wyvern Special Attack 01/20/2016 04:37 PM CST
Say that to the Angel in Legion!