Malchata Sand Blast 03/31/2013 11:35 PM CDT
Is this really supposed to be this powerful? I had two manipulated, and two on me. I've died to this about 10 times and it seems unreasonable, can this be looked at please? It's a 1-2 min stun and 80% vitality loss.

A s'sugi malchata plunges one of its clawed hands into the sand, clucking and chattering wildly. The sand about your feet begins to swirl until it rises up around you, but you deftly leap out of danger!
[You're bruised, nimbly balanced and in good position.]
>
A s'sugi malchata begins to wave its arms in a magical fashion, focusing on a s'sugi malchata.
With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, a s'sugi malchata lashes its jagged-edged claws at a s'sugi malchata. A s'sugi malchata fails to dodge. The claw lands a strong hit to its chest!
>
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a s'sugi malchata.
>weave
* Moving poorly, a s'sugi malchata lashes its jagged-edged claws at you. You evade, just stepping out of harm's way.
[You're bruised, nimbly balanced with opponent in better position.]
>
A s'sugi malchata gestures at a s'sugi malchata.
A tiny ball of flame flies at a s'sugi malchata!
As the ball of fire races past, you deflect the heat radiating off with your crocodile-skin buckler.
The fireball contracts and gains speed as it nears a s'sugi malchata!
The fireball explodes near it, causing it to wail and clutch at its right eye.
The s'sugi malchata is stunned!
A volley of fiery shards explode outward toward a s'sugi malchata!
The fire shard glances off its left leg, singeing it a little.
The fire shard glances off its left leg, singeing it a little.
>
You weave back and forth in a dance-like motion, drawing your opponent's attention away from the fight.
[You're bruised, winded, nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R>
A s'sugi malchata lashes its jagged-edged claws at a s'sugi malchata. A s'sugi malchata evades, stepping aside in the nick of time.
R>
A s'sugi malchata begins to wave its arms in a magical fashion, focusing on you!
* Tentatively, a s'sugi malchata lashes its jagged-edged claws at you. You partially block with a crocodile-skin buckler.
[You're bruised, winded, nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]
>
A s'sugi malchata crouches and carefully scoops a handful of sand from the dune surface. With a curious buzzing noise, it blows the sand from its palm.
Suddenly, a violent wind whips the sand into a furious storm, scouring the area!

>cast
The angry sand buffets you mercilessly!
The sand blast causes some damage to the robe!
[You're terribly wounded, winded, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 04/01/2013 12:11 AM CDT

I wish you luck with this. There is a ton of creatures with uber special attacks that have not been touched since 3.0 came around.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 04/03/2013 11:49 AM CDT
Malchata are currently nigh impossible to hunt effectively even if you vastly outclass them. Black apes are agood alternative. I think one can manipulate them.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/07/2013 08:35 AM CDT
I'd just like to reiterate this. I shouldn't have any problem with malchata, especially with my defensive skills. One hit took me from nearly full health down to 15%.

< Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you draw a glaes scimitar with a tempered blade at a s'sugi malchata. A s'sugi malchata fails to dodge, avoiding most of the blow. The scimitar lands a good strike to the malchata's abdomen.
[You're bruised, winded, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
!R>
The s'sugi malchata closes to melee range on you!
!>heal
!>
A s'sugi malchata crouches and carefully scoops a handful of sand from the dune surface. With a curious buzzing noise, it blows the sand from its palm.
Suddenly, a violent wind whips the sand into a furious storm, scouring the area!

The angry sand buffets you mercilessly!
The sand blast causes some damage to the cuirass!
[You're terribly wounded, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]

I was also in a mega stun, and only lived due to protect self (which I don't think I've even used since 3.0!)

I only went in there because my SE stopped at 99%, and it was the only rank I needed to circle.

You say, "Tada."

WHAM
A sudden burst of oily smelling air strikes you in the face.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/07/2013 10:35 AM CDT
A well known problem along with most other special attacks. Malchata seem to be one of the worst offenders, and are unhuntable the way they are now.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/07/2013 11:00 AM CDT
Have been for months and not even a reassuring chime in on it either. I think w/e is going on with critter specials is a LARGE undertaking that they may not have time for atm. :(

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/07/2013 05:41 PM CDT
Could possibly be part of the big magic patch that has been alluded to for the past month. Here's to optimism.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/07/2013 06:43 PM CDT
> Could possibly be part of the big magic patch that has been alluded to for the past month. Here's to optimism.

Maybe, wouldn't bet on it, though. It sounds like they're still doing fiddling with the new core systems, something special attacks don't have anything to do with -- which is rather the problem. I think someone's going to have to go through eventually and redesign each special attack in the game individually. Do not envy the idea...
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/08/2013 12:16 AM CDT
I found what was going on with this, it should be more in line with other combat stuff now. The actual core special attack mech may still need some work, but this particular attack at least should no longer take you from "awesome" to "omgdying" in one hit.

Melete

I see and I hear and I speak no evil;

I carry no malice within my breast;

Yet quite without wishing a man to the Devil,

One may be permitted to hope for the best.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/08/2013 05:42 AM CDT
Thanks Melete.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/08/2013 01:10 PM CDT
Melete,

This is a folder down likely, but could you also look at wir dinego's special attack? It was one-hitting my chars in both TF and Prime. They don't even teach defenses anymore.

Thanks,
GENT

p.s. When can we expect the malchata fix in TF? :)
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/08/2013 10:23 PM CDT
>>This is a folder down likely, but could you also look at wir dinego's special attack?

Sure. It looks like it was laboring under the same bug as the malchata, so it should be less one-hit-a-riffic now, though still pretty nasty. None of this is in TF (or Plat) yet, but I'll sync everything after it's been stable in prime for a few days.

Melete

I see and I hear and I speak no evil;

I carry no malice within my breast;

Yet quite without wishing a man to the Devil,

One may be permitted to hope for the best.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/09/2013 10:36 PM CDT
Wow, thank you Melete!

GENT
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/10/2013 07:32 AM CDT
Thanks for squashing that bug Melete! Pun intended, given the insectishness of Malchata :)

You say, "Tada."

WHAM
A sudden burst of oily smelling air strikes you in the face.
Re: Malchata Sand Blast 06/22/2013 06:37 AM CDT
>I found what was going on with this, it should be more in line with other combat stuff now. The actual core special attack mech may still need some work, but this particular attack at least should no longer take you from "awesome" to "omgdying" in one hit.

Thanks!