How Many Ranks to Hit Baby Celps? 07/05/2012 09:44 AM CDT
Anyone know about how many weapon ranks it takes to just barely touch baby celps enough to learn? This is considering a Barb with 60 agility and dancing. This is for melee weapons only since I understand bows are essentially untrainable with them.
Re: How Many Ranks to Hit Baby Celps? 07/05/2012 10:04 AM CDT
350-400
Re: How Many Ranks to Hit Baby Celps? 07/05/2012 04:11 PM CDT

I had no issues hitting celpeze in the low 300s without dancing with 60 agility.
Re: How Many Ranks to Hit Baby Celps? 07/05/2012 10:40 PM CDT
went in with wpns in the 200-250 and hit them just fine with 60agi
Re: How Many Ranks to Hit Baby Celps? 07/06/2012 02:50 AM CDT
higher stats can let you get away with things that normally you can't hit.

I did a little experiment with my characters. Fought the same critter with identical weapons <the "see my point" spear from hallows fest>, with 2 characters with identical weapons in pike at the beginning of the session.

106th Necromancer has 50 agility, 67 ranks of pike.
50th circle barbarian has 30 agility, 67 ranks of pike.

tried fighting fang cove serpents with both characters. Necromancer easily hit them, killing them in approx 3 hits each. Barb got worn-out, and wasn't hitting them at all <they were dodging> until danced cobra.

So sometimes you can get away with hitting something with lower ranks if you have the stats to back them up.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius