help with adan'f 02/18/2011 05:07 AM CST
I've encountered a problem in dealing with adan'f mages. The warriors, which are of the same combat level, I can take down fairly easily. However, I am not able to get beyond the parry of the adan'f mages with their staff. When I fought them as a thief at a similar level of combat prowess, I was able to take them down via backstab.

However, I can't seem to find anything to utilize with the character who is fighting them now. Necromancer, with all of the spells of that guild, additionally, i have both strange arrow and manifest force memorized. I have tried taking them down with a zombie, but the zombie isn't able to fight them any better, even giving it a greatsword to fight with. Also, the warriors I take down with 2he, which is my secondary weapon <LE doesn't seem to damage well enough- i am using a jambaya for LE>.

The magic they cast I am able to defend against, what i can't dodge is usually blocked by worm, and i can dance with a few of them at a time. Just can't damage 'em.

thanks.

:-)

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: help with adan'f 02/18/2011 08:09 PM CST
I find it odd- I find the warriors harder than the mages when dealing with them straight forward. Can't you take them out with TM? That should be easy, unless your TM is really lagging- well somewhat easy- its the armor to.

Why aren't you up in Gryphons or is that just too heavily trafficked?

By the way- it wasn't your necro that Flavius accidentally killed a week or so ago was it? Just curious.

Clerics are just so cuddly you can't get mad at them, until they try to rip your soul out and chew on it like a candy bar.
Re: help with adan'f 02/19/2011 05:29 AM CST
<<By the way- it wasn't your necro that Flavius accidentally killed a week or so ago was it? Just curious.>>

nope, she's over in plat. and she fights gryphons and bristle-backs too, just she got a task to adan'f so wanted to try them out. and for some reason even though she has identical ranks in 2he and in TM, the 2he works better.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: help with adan'f 02/19/2011 07:51 AM CST
>and for some reason even though she has identical ranks in 2he and in TM, the 2he works better.

Adan'f are cursed/undead, so have an extra penalty to TM for non-holy magic (undead MR).

Also, depending on the 2HE you're using, melee vs. ranged, you could be affecting balance/position and doing other things to affect the overall combat situation with the sword, making it easier to hit.