What to Hunt 01/02/2011 07:06 PM CST
Moon Mage looking for a new hunting area on the mainland. I have been hunting the Oshu on Aesry but I am tired of being on the islands.

Shield Usage: 276
Cloth Armor: 183
Multi Opponent: 258
Evasion: 276
Target Magic: 276

Give me your best hunting ideas!!!

Dierik

In particular, Moon Mages. Technically they're a little weird too.

-Armifer
Re: What to Hunt 01/02/2011 07:10 PM CST
Baby/fledgling gryphons?
Re: What to Hunt 01/02/2011 07:12 PM CST
Would you suggest Rossman's or Shard for griffons?

Dierik

-Armifer
Re: What to Hunt 01/02/2011 07:16 PM CST
My suggestion is skewed by my instance being Plat. I always prefer Shard.
Re: What to Hunt 01/02/2011 09:43 PM CST
Elder brocket deer in lang.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: What to Hunt 01/03/2011 04:46 AM CST
>> Elder brocket deer in lang.

Won't really teach him.

I'd second the baby gryphons. My targeted's a bit higher, my defences a bit lower, and they teach me alright, though I sometimes get bored and go tackle some young gryphons or bristle-backs in the same area.
Re: What to Hunt 01/03/2011 06:36 AM CST
I'm voting down the gryphon suggestion. I know you said you're tired of the islands but honestly caracals would be a good fit until about 340s and then move into gryphons. Especially if your armor is only 183, which I'd really suggest getting that up before moving on, but that's just me. I tried gryphons first and just got destroyed because of the older ones that come in, my skills (which were about the same as yours) just couldn't take it until I was in the mid 300s.

You hear the ghostly voice of Katralyn say, "I have plenty of idea."

You are Peak Destroyer Devoria Myth, Protector of Ilithi, an Elf.
Re: What to Hunt 01/03/2011 01:59 PM CST
>>I'm voting down the gryphon suggestion. I know you said you're tired of the islands but honestly caracals would be a good fit until about 340s and then move into gryphons. Especially if your armor is only 183, which I'd really suggest getting that up before moving on, but that's just me. I tried gryphons first and just got destroyed because of the older ones that come in, my skills (which were about the same as yours) just couldn't take it until I was in the mid 300s.

You're supposed to start in baby gryphons. The fledgelings that show up there aren't significantly different from the babys, and the young ones won't wander in from above. Been hunting there since my ranks were ~230s, haven't died yet.

It's usually pretty crowded there though, so there might be something to caracals or something else.
Re: What to Hunt 01/03/2011 02:07 PM CST
>>You're supposed to start in baby gryphons. The fledgelings that show up there aren't significantly different from the babys, and the young ones won*'*t wander in from above. Been hunting there since my ranks were ~230s, haven't died yet.

In Theren only.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: What to Hunt 01/03/2011 02:42 PM CST
>>You're supposed to start in baby gryphons.

I did start in Rossmans baby gryphons when I first tested them out. I had similar ranks as the OP and it didn't work out very well. But then I tend to hunt for hours on end and couldn't quite do that there, as I had to constantly run out for healing. I went back to caracals and stayed there until about 330-340 and went back to gryphons. It made for a smoother transition.

You hear the ghostly voice of Katralyn say, "I have plenty of idea."

You are Peak Destroyer Devoria Myth, Protector of Ilithi, an Elf.
Re: What to Hunt 01/03/2011 08:26 PM CST
I went to the gryphons and did ok. I got pretty beat up but was able to get all my skills to mind lock before I had to go heal up. I tried my chain armor and I died pretty quickly. I'll go try the caracals. I guess I could go back to Aesry but I really want something new.

Dierik

-Armifer