How far will Oshu take me? 08/28/2010 11:08 PM CDT
I was wondering about what ranks Nipoh Oshu training starts to falter and where it's a good time to move to momma Kra'heis or if that transition is even possible.
Re: How far will Oshu take me? 08/29/2010 10:12 AM CDT
Oshu till take you a good, LONG ways. At 275 evasion, tier 1 still lock me, with 4 on me. It takes a little bit, but ....

So if you milk them, Oshu will take you, I would bet, to the 400ish range, for defenses.

"Never steal from someone carrying more weapons than you have lessons in evasion."

No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: How far will Oshu take me? 08/29/2010 09:57 PM CDT
i'm wondering how folks manage the steam attacks. even as a self-healing necro, i end up battered and brised in there on more body areas than I can consistently kill - they swarm fairly fast.is there some trick to avoiding the attack without an ethereal shield?

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: How far will Oshu take me? 08/30/2010 02:07 PM CDT
stamina and armor, I have 40 stamina 54 disc and using bone armor or aug LC/HC I avoid most if not all the damage from steam
Re: How far will Oshu take me? 08/31/2010 10:41 PM CDT
50 stamina and leather armor and I get scratches and bruises but haven't gone below 88% yet.

What can we hunt after ohsus? I hunt the hardest ones and don't learn very much stealth, though I can milk em on weapons and shield.

So what's the progression from oshus? Oh and I'm a ranger--so i don't fancy a stint in the sewers of Ratha.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky who ran when he felt the steam in the caves---SMART wolf!
Re: How far will Oshu take me? 09/01/2010 05:03 AM CDT
Try bristlebacks up on Rossmans, Zinaca. Or try going to Kresh and hunting them (Mriss? Dont remember. One of those islands!)

"Never steal from someone carrying more weapons than you have lessons in evasion."

No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: How far will Oshu take me? 09/01/2010 09:15 AM CDT
M'riss has them, but the spawn isn't very great there. Caracals however would still do ya, and you could hunt bristles here and there.
Re: How far will Oshu take me? 09/01/2010 10:22 AM CDT
Thanks for the advice. Theren bristlies do train me well, but I try to avoid Theren and Crossing as much as possible due to my dislike of the alliance with Outcasts. Think I will try caracals, then for my lower weapons then. How high do caracals teach?

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky
Re: How far will Oshu take me? 09/01/2010 03:36 PM CDT
They teach to around 350 I think. 332 evasion and I haven't noticed a soft cap so maybe higher. Weapons could be different though. 340-360 range anyway.
Re: How far will Oshu take me? 09/01/2010 05:29 PM CDT
Bristles will teach weapons higher than caracals and Shard Gryphons are still good for you as well Nightstalkers on Aesry aren't bad either for something skinnable there and teach a little higher than the oshu your hunting.