Black marble gargoyles 06/07/2010 09:23 AM CDT
Anyone hunted these in Hib? Any idea on skinning/disarm skills required? How's the pay?

I'm thinking of moving out there to hunt them because Guardians (empath hunting constructs) don't pay for squat and aside from parry/multi I seem to have capped them.

I'm thinking I have to beast up my disa/skinning (low 100's w/ 60 agility) to take advantage though.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Black marble gargoyles 06/07/2010 10:21 AM CDT
I've had serious issues trying to get them to spawn before. They're also immune to most magic. Probably more interesting than guardians though. Not skinnable, iirc.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Black marble gargoyles 06/07/2010 11:32 AM CDT
One group of gargoyles is able to be skinned the other is not?

Strange things, I'd not really think that rock could be skinned either way, but granite gargoyles can be.

shrug

Re: Black marble gargoyles 06/07/2010 11:35 AM CDT
They're skinnable and I think they drop boxes, but I can't give you numbers. That area is generally a well set up progression, so I imagine they're slightly harder than ghasts. When I go to the Temple to get Asketi favors there are generally one or two there. They're immune to all magic but holy, though, and even then they have a perma-PFE cast on them.

~Thilan
"To be honest, my son, the practice of Holy magic is really just reckless tampering with one's soul."
Re: Black marble gargoyles 06/07/2010 03:18 PM CDT
I think they are slightly easier than Ghasts. Generation is slow. I gave them a try a few weeks ago and even with hunt had trouble finding them at times.
Re: Black marble gargoyles 06/07/2010 09:24 PM CDT
>>They're immune to all magic but holy, though, and even then they have a perma-PFE cast on them.

This is true, except they crumple to my enchantes. I mean, they're simple disablers, I don't imagine Pyre would have much look toasting them but everytime I've been hunting there Bard enchantes do work.

Skinnable, they definitely drop boxes, like Thilan said that area is a very well set up progression so he's probably right in saying they are just harder than ghasts. Enjoy.

- Terra
Re: Black marble gargoyles 06/09/2010 11:30 PM CDT
Love em. Looks like they spawn 3 per hunter in that middle loop. I need to work my skinning/disarm before I set up shop there though.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.