Muscular Firecats 04/24/2010 09:48 AM CDT
I'm planning on taking a week off from training to try tanning some stuff. Firecat leathers are on the list and i was told they rarely ever spawn. Is this true? How many should i expect to find in the course of, lets say, 2 hours?
Re: Muscular Firecats 04/24/2010 10:39 AM CDT
If you have high perception, hunt can really help you find them. I don't really have a number for you, because it varies greatly. Probably 10 an hour with hunt without breaking a sweat.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Muscular Firecats 04/24/2010 06:28 PM CDT
Ya, ok.

I hear the complaints all the time about their spawn rate, so I had the opportunity to spend some time hunting there with my friend's ranger.

In four hours I walked away with five muscular skins. And that's hitting hunt every minute or so, and everything I see one that's 'something hidden from sight', hunting and searching to see if it's a muscular or not. The spawn rate on musculars is atrocious.

Due to that, I understand the price difference between most leathers, and firecats. Firecats are ridiculously rare to spawn, and hell, with only one hunting ground...it's a pain.

this hunt was completed with another person in the area, albeit not hunting musculars. He was hunting supples and ati'ket. So even with the increased spawn rate of a second hunter, it was...dim outlook for awhile.

"Never steal from someone carrying more weapons than you have lessons in evasion."

No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Muscular Firecats 04/24/2010 07:06 PM CDT
The trick is to hunt frequently and kill everything else off very quickly. Using TM, I was able to kill anything in there in about 2-3 seconds on average. The more spawn you force, the more musculars will appear. That said, you can go 5 minutes and not see one at times.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Muscular Firecats 04/24/2010 08:30 PM CDT
Thanks for the replies. I'll give them a chance soon and post my findings.

Should have enough perception to see them with HUNT
Re: Muscular Firecats 05/07/2010 06:54 AM CDT
I was there for half an hour once and never seen a single one, but what JMF said is correct, kill as fast as possible.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Muscular Firecats 05/07/2010 04:00 PM CDT
Finally got to try them today.

HUNTing around the area to find the rooms with most creatures and killing them as fast as possible i left the area after 70 minutes with 5 muscular firecat skins.

219 supple firecats and 51 atik'ets were killed in the process.

They seemed to spawn together, tho. Could go 20 minutes without seeing one and then 2 or 3 spawned. One of these times i managed to kill 2.
Re: Muscular Firecats 05/07/2010 08:45 PM CDT
good job, now if you can get a perfect skin each time heh....

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Muscular Firecats 05/07/2010 11:23 PM CDT
you have better luck than I do!

/jealous.

"Never steal from someone carrying more weapons than you have lessons in evasion."

No Ranger Stands Alone