warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 05:56 AM CST
Usually stay on M'riss, but want to find something similar to bristle back peccaries around the Crossings. Saw Warlkins start at around the same level, but the list might be old and didn't have much info on them.

56th barb, can dance with 4 bristle back peccs without a problem as long as I keep berserk stone up.

combat stats:
str 51
stam 45
agil/ref 35

combat skills

defensive:
multi 310
parry 307
leather 282
evasion 279
shield 259
heavy plate 235

offensive:
brawling 297
medium edge 261
two handed edge 226

wearing croc buckler, aged leather combat armor, forged gauntlets/helm = light hinderance. Not a stealth person, tend to stand and dance with 4 critters at a time.

berserker barbarian, don't dance or roar, combat stats/defenses generally what I focus on
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 08:50 AM CST
In my experience, you want to add at least 50 to the base skill if you're looking at that bestiary list. So if it says 280, in actuality make it 330 to be able to dance with anything. They also get extremely lucky hits. I have around 390 in defenses/offense, 450 evasion/tm (40 str/stam, 45 agil/ref) and decided to try them out... one hit took me from not a scratch to half health with a severe bleeder. Have fun!

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 09:11 AM CST
I moved to warklins after young gryphons stopped teaching defenses (430+ defenses). With over 70 agility and 270 in weapons i was able to hit them all the time but, due to their natural armor, slice weapons were not hurting them much.

Defensewise i was doing fine with 430+ even tho i was wearing 4 different armor types at the same time. However, like ROOFADOP pointed out, they seem to get lucky hits more often than other creatures (slipping into a better position, as it's opponent is distracted, happening to do the right thing, etc). Was getting regular bleeders until i hit around 500 in defenses (even died once due to an extremelly strong web that caused me to be webbed for over 30 seconds).
After 500 in defenses i died once from a critical hit to the chest. Multi stopped moving fast enough at around 495 ranks while evasion lasted up to around 550. At that time i moved to small celps.

Using less armor types and berserking stone will help you survive there with considerably less skill but i'd guess you're not ready yet. You wouldnt be able to kill them with ME and probably not hit them with 2HE.

If you train some swimming, you can stay in bristlebacks while still being 3 minutes away from crossing.
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 02:26 PM CST
Seconding the advice to break 300 evasion before you head into warklins.

It's a nice little area, though the damage resistance can make them a pain.

Rev. Reene

Xalahai says to you, "Don't you know me? I'm Jhipicalain, the awesomest warrior mage ever."
Xalahai says, "Then I will go hide in my tower where nobody can get to me. Because I am the greatest. Ever."
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 02:52 PM CST
sounds like I'll just have fun with peccaries until 60th and then at least give a trial run. Thanks everyone
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 05:07 PM CST
Geni to bristlebacks to warklins to baby celpeze to apes was a very productive stairstep for me.

My complete line of forged LC/HC is sold by Ciressa in Riverhaven and Salustra in the Crossing.

http://www.tinyurl.com/kaxisforgedarmor
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 05:12 PM CST
>Geni to bristlebacks to warklins to baby celpeze to apes was a very productive stairstep for me.

bristles to a very short time in raiders to south celpeze worked for cleric so far.

bristles to raiders/south celpeze to apes to adult juvies worked well for ranger.
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 05:27 PM CST
I like giant bugs.

My complete line of forged LC/HC is sold by Ciressa in Riverhaven and Salustra in the Crossing.

http://www.tinyurl.com/kaxisforgedarmor
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 06:31 PM CST
Warklins are fantastic when you're the only one in the area. They spawn 7, regardless of how many hunters are there. Unfortunately, due to the layout of the area, only the person in the central room gets a good enough spawn.
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 02/09/2010 06:45 PM CST
>Warklins are fantastic when you're the only one in the area. They spawn 7, regardless of how many hunters are there. Unfortunately, due to the layout of the area, only the person in the central room gets a good enough spawn.

This.

For that matter, half the time I'll only get 3 even in the center room because of the way they (don't) move around and despawn.

~ Kougen

Moon Mages: Ripping reality a new one since 586 BL
Re: warklins? too touch, just right, or too wimpy? 03/17/2010 10:10 PM CDT
Yeppers.

Occasionally one can get bugged out as well, although you can kill it to fix that. But with a proper stun i've had them just sit there...indefinitely...never advance never attack never move.

But as other posters said I wouldn't go into warks till you have much more in your defenses and such.