S'lai Screamers 03/20/2009 05:07 PM CDT
Taffei's Journal has them listed aroudn this range and swarming. I was wondering if there's any reason why I don't hear them suggested as much while often hearing all other creature types?

Also, all of my defenses are 290 while my two weapons are still only 250's and multi 247. Any advice on how to get weapons to catch up? Weapon secondary and Armor tert.. pretty sad that my defenses are constantly locked yet i can barley keep one weapon above very muddled. This is using no spells either. I currently hunt Geni's.

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/20/2009 05:33 PM CDT
S'lai screamers were introduced during the war of Sorrow, IIRC. And I seem to remember hearing that they were removed relatively recently. Besides, a critter that can make you bleed from your ears by screaming from hiding isn't very tempting. ;)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/20/2009 05:58 PM CDT
They were a rare spawn with an OP special attack. They don't exist any more. That about covers the reasons why they aren't recommended.
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/20/2009 05:59 PM CDT
>Also, all of my defenses are 290 while my two weapons are still only 250's and multi 247. Any advice on how to get weapons to catch up? Weapon secondary and Armor tert.. pretty sad that my defenses are constantly locked yet i can barley keep one weapon above very muddled. This is using no spells either. I currently hunt Geni's.

If you stand in one place, you'll have a hard time learning weapons. Move around and stop dancing so much.
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/20/2009 10:21 PM CDT
Don't dance at all.. I'll try moving around more than I already do but it still seems like defense exp come faster than weapons.

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/24/2009 02:54 PM CDT
What the last two people said...for everyone...dancing people drive me nuts.

-Croegar

"If somebody is alert enough to start popping AEs because they think you're there, you've failed at a critical aspect of stealth..."

-Z
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/24/2009 02:58 PM CDT
Dancing makes kings. Don't listen to everyone else.
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/24/2009 03:02 PM CDT
Dancing holds all an area's spawns in your room, leaving none for those of us who actually HUNT (killing things is a necessary part of HUNTING).

-Croegar

"If somebody is alert enough to start popping AEs because they think you're there, you've failed at a critical aspect of stealth..."

-Z
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/24/2009 03:06 PM CDT
It would be really nice if, rather than retreating, critters gained a rank in offenses/defenses (without adjusting their training ranges) every 300/(Ax^2) seconds, where A is some constant and x is the critter's "level". Such bonuses should only be maintained while engaged to a certain character. All bonuses should be lost when the critter takes another target. Dancing should make corpses instead of kings. Just my opinion.

-Croegar

-Z
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/24/2009 03:16 PM CDT
>Dancing holds all an area's spawns in your room, leaving none for those of us who actually HUNT (killing things is a necessary part of HUNTING).

Save for an exception or two, that's not possible now.

Spawn is generated per hunter (for most areas), which a % chance for an area's spawn to be directed to an occupied room.

It's also not possible to train multi in most areas without dancing.
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/24/2009 03:28 PM CDT
What Rmel says. Getting a minimum of 3 A'danf warriers is not done by Hunt alone. Dancing is just fine in most areas.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: S'lai Screamers *NUDGE* 03/24/2009 05:10 PM CDT
Keep it on topic please.

If you have any questions, please email either myself (MOD-Sidatura@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Message Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net).

~Sidatura

"Plato Smash!" - Action Philosophers
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/25/2009 04:34 AM CDT
like I said, i haven't danced with the character in question for the past 100 ranks or so. Defenses are just going up way faster than weapons do. I don't know if this is a side effect of my not using a forged weapon, though, depending on how exactly exp per weapon swing is calculated.

Anyway.. Screamers are out, and I guess what everyon'es not saying is that there's no better alternative than Geni's.

Re: S'lai Screamers 03/25/2009 12:02 PM CDT
Well, within that range I would suggest Gryphons- babies and fledglings. Maybe ice adders. Is your problem you don't get enough gen to move your weapons or you are just not getting enough big hits to learn fast?

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: S'lai Screamers 03/26/2009 02:09 AM CDT
Gryphons in ilithi seem to be working great, thanks!

S'lai Screamers 06/24/2010 05:22 PM CDT
There is an entry on Elanthipedia and even in Play.net's bestiary about these but I don't see them named on any maps. Do they exist?
Re: S'lai Screamers 06/24/2010 06:31 PM CDT
I haven't gone looking for them for a long time, but I thought they were still around- they would be out passed Stone Clan. That reminds me I haven't gone exploring there in ages, maybe I will head out there.
Re: S'lai Screamers 06/24/2010 07:42 PM CDT
They used to spawn in with the S'lai Scouts in Sorrow's Reach, but they were moved a while back and I haven't heard where they were moved too.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: S'lai Screamers 06/24/2010 11:00 PM CDT
They weren't moved, they were removed. You can't currently hunt them. You couldn't really hunt them before when they did spawn, since they were a fairly rare spawn.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.