Adan'f Blood Warriors 06/24/2017 06:34 AM CDT
So I'm just about ready to move up to Adan'f Blood Warriors/Shadow Mages, and I read something on Elanthipedia that seems odd.

>>WARNING: Upon death, all of the item's on a warrior's body are automatically destroyed. This will include anything lodged in it.

Is that... true? I use a bonded lodging throwing weapon and ranged weapons, and seems like a really bizarre feature of a hunting area.
Re: Adan'f Blood Warriors 06/24/2017 10:37 AM CDT
It is true, and there's plenty of ways to avoid it lob being the easiest. It's a throwback to hardmode DR. Sometimes you still find those little easter eggs.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Adan'f Blood Warriors 11/14/2017 08:29 PM CST
>It is true, and there's plenty of ways to avoid it lob being the easiest. It's a throwback to hardmode DR. Sometimes you still find those little easter eggs. - Monster Elec

For x/bows, are there other solutions I'm overlooking besides shooting only mages or else using ammo you don't mind losing on warriors?

You see a full Xibar, shining high in the night sky.
Waxing still, half of the black moon Katamba looks down from above.
Katamba is fully obscured by Xibar.
Re: Adan'f Blood Warriors 11/15/2017 07:04 PM CST

Granted I just came back from about a 4 year break, but isnt there still non-lodging bolt ammo? I dont recall the names, but I thought there was a blunt damage bolt or something that refused to lodge where you could basically use the same bolt or two forever.

there's also bonding potions unless someone changed it so you cant invoke bond those back to your hands for quick load/snipe sessions.

-Nsar
Re: Adan'f Blood Warriors 11/15/2017 07:24 PM CST

Ammo breaks now, so even if you could bond, I'm not sure it's the best move to do so.
Re: Adan'f Blood Warriors 11/15/2017 08:00 PM CST
>I dont recall the names, but I thought there was a blunt damage bolt or something that refused to lodge where you could basically use the same bolt or two forever.

Zero puncture ammo is non-lodging but the issue hunting blood warriors/mages isn't so much that ammo lodges but that mages pick up just about anything that hits the ground and sticks it in their cloak. Best to just choose another hunting option if you use a weapon that hits the ground, or use cheap store weapons/ammo and expect them to get stolen/replace them.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Adan'f Blood Warriors 11/15/2017 09:15 PM CST

Can you register ammo? I thought they didn't pick up things that were registered.
Re: Adan'f Blood Warriors 11/15/2017 10:39 PM CST
Naw, can't register ammunition.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Adan'f Blood Warriors 06/10/2018 09:50 PM CDT
Look in each cloak after a kill? It takes almost no effort to write into a script either, even with the basic FEs.