Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 10:21 AM CDT
I'm straddling this folder; around 260 in weapons, but 270-300 in defenses on my thief, orc bandits and warcats have slowed down. The next tier of orcs, according to the wiki, is 380 ranks to hunt (??). I've tried gryphons in Shard, the fledglings are ok, babies hurt, spawn seems terrible, and I miss boxes.

Anyone have a suggestion I've missed that is skinnable, and box dropping, in the 260-280 to start range? If I had to choose I'd probably skip skinning for a while, it's at 290 vs. locks at 240.

This is on a thief, so no necro 'skinning everywhere' hacks Uz.
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 11:01 AM CDT
I'd suggest Forest Geni's.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 01:00 PM CDT

I tried a whole bunch of stuff in that range on my thief before I was able to comfortably jump back and forth between mountain giants and gryphons in shard (buy ice skates). I'm pretty sure you're too big for Geniis but I could be wrong, def. worth checking. Others to try:

Germish'din or Wir Dinego, whichever one doesn't have the "only comes out at night" thing
Adan'f south of shard
Chaga/Conjurers if you're willing to live in Muspar'i (it's great for thieves as long as you hate other people and are willing to stay for long enough that you get over your annoyance at having travelled there. Oh, and can repair your own leather armor).

These might be a bit hard as I tend to overhunt.
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 01:18 PM CDT
You know, I had not even considered Adan'f, but they look like a good fit.

Is there anything wonky about them? I've normally skipped them, and remember something irritating about the mages.
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 01:41 PM CDT
>Is there anything wonky about them? I've normally skipped them, and remember something irritating about the mages.

The annoying thing about mages, I think, is MB. Worst case, you should be okay if you roll with Serenity.

Adan'f used to do the tail whip thing that took you out of hiding. Not sure if that's still a thing, but it was avoidable with enough skill.
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 02:08 PM CDT

Yeah the mages also don't attack as much as you might like if you're looking to keep defenses moving, but it's fine as long as you've got a reasonable mage/warrior split. They mages will resurrect the warriors, but given how spawn-hungry most of us are I view that as more feature than bug.
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 02:52 PM CDT
Mages steal items from the ground and put them in their cloaks. This was only really an issue if you died or used thrown weapons, and they've been updated to not pick up these items anymore while the janitor protection timer is still on them.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 03:14 PM CDT
I trained my weapons from 220-350s in Forest Geni. The best part is they swarm and drop tons of boxes. The bad part is you can't skin them. You should actually be in perfect range for these and Adan'f. I went for Geni's to cave trolls but that's not a good option for stealthy types as they don't teach it well. After that I went to trekhalos on M'Riss as you get skinning from caracals and box drops from treks.

Just my thoughts.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 04:42 PM CDT
I'll second (third?) Adan'f south of Shard. They should work pretty well at your level, though the warrior's plate armor can make them hard to kill. As long as you haven't ignored your mentals the mage's MB shouldn't be too much of a problem. The only real issue I've had on some character's I've hunted there is they have a special attack if your health gets too low (~35-40%) that will instantly kill you. As long as you stay above 50% health then you should be golden. Plenty of skinning and boxes to go around there, and the warriors seem to spawn more than the mages.
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/27/2016 06:32 PM CDT
>As long as you haven't ignored your mentals

Well...

Discipline is 56, everything else is 35 (THANK YOU KHRI FORMULA, SO GREAT). Not much I can do about that since I flat out need the discipline to use khri. Except charisma. That's 20. Because charisma.
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/28/2016 12:05 AM CDT
That should be more than enough to avoid being stunned by MB.
Re: Post 260, favorites? 05/30/2016 10:15 PM CDT
Hey I am actually in this exact same range and am enjoying Orc Reivers with their warcats. Allows for both skinning and box popping while not being too far from Haven or Xing.