Alternatives to Gryphons? 04/10/2015 08:10 PM CDT
Weapons range between 228 and 245.

Defenses are 279 shield, 294 parry and 350 evasion. Don't necessarily need evasion to be moving.

I'll be poking around various places but was curious if anyone had any input.
Re: Alternatives to Gryphons? 04/10/2015 08:36 PM CDT
are your masteries in the same range?

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Alternatives to Gryphons? 04/11/2015 07:18 AM CDT
>are your masteries in the same range?

Yes.
Re: Alternatives to Gryphons? 04/11/2015 09:04 AM CDT

If you have decent ward spells, I'd go for trolls on Ain Ghazal (also wicked burrow if you can climb the rope)

Also, Dobeks on Ratha teach well at that range, but you'll get hit with some mild poison every now and again (no big deal really). The Graveyard on Aesry is great as well.

Can also do Adan'f in Shard.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Alternatives to Gryphons? 04/11/2015 10:57 AM CDT
Thanks much!

I'll be checking in on them and see how they go.

Hoping that high(relative) reflexes/agility and evasion will keep spell hits to a minimum. That said, getting a little battered doesn't bug me much.
Re: Alternatives to Gryphons? 04/11/2015 02:09 PM CDT
Caracals (M'riss):

Teach weapons quite well at ~245 ranks(LT, SB) and still drop at ~228(brawling) with 304/290 melee/missile mastery. Targeted Magic moves decently at 251 ranks.

Defenses move well, including evasion at 350 ranks.

Skinnable with 280 skinning, no arranging.

Able to hide on three at melee with ~305 stealth.

This was done without buffs, so adjust accordingly if you decide to venture out.

You can catch the airship(https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Airship) from Langenfirth to M'riss for 4.2 gold lirum. I recommend this over the "classic" trip!

My journey continues!