Obligatory WTH 08/30/2011 11:09 AM CDT
Have a character with the following skills/stats (approximate, not at home currently).

40 Agi/Ref
30 Str/Sta/Cha
40/35 Int/Wis
50 Disc

about 310 evasion
about 260 Parry/Shield
about 270 multi
3 weapons in the 200s (1 with parry, 2 about 220)
and a handful of weapons in the mid-to-high 100s

I currently can, with abilities, handle 4 Geni/Orc Bandits/Warcats or 3 baby/fledgling gryphons.
I tried adanf about 30 or 40 ranks of evasion ago and had decent success with some rather nasty random death issues (mages casting disablers).

I can't ever seem to get a spot in gryphons and don't enjoy Rossman's much but it is fairly easy to get back and forth from Crossing/Riverhaven.

I have a somewhat fatalistic view of Shard, to be honest. Shard areas and critters there seem to be more trouble than their worth in many cases and the remoteness can be annoying (don't have 550 climbing). Still, Shard is better than the islands in my mind.
Re: Obligatory WTH 08/30/2011 11:48 AM CDT
except for the part where you said you don't like the islands, but the island peccs on m'riss would work well for you. <not bristle-backs, the "regular" peccs on the island by themselves.>

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: Obligatory WTH 08/30/2011 01:54 PM CDT
<<I currently can, with abilities, handle 4 Geni/Orc Bandits/Warcats or 3 baby/fledgling gryphons.
<<Still, Shard is better than the islands in my mind.

Shard has the same gryphons, but with less over-population issues than Rossman's.

-Evran

Waiting for Results..............................................................................................................