Recently returned, trying to find something... 06/26/2011 02:37 PM CDT
Something that I can hunt.

I only need combats until 100th circle. But I'm not familiar with being a ranger any more.

If anyone can share some pointers or insights, I'd be greatly indebted. :)

Relevant skills?

Medium Edged: 329
Short Bow: 242
Brawling: 246

Leather Armor: 300

Evasion: 331
Shield Usage: 189
Parry Ability: 295
Multi Opponent: 262

Climbing: 436
Perception: 433
Hiding: 383
Stalking: 376

Lockpicking: 183
Disarm Traps: 177
Skinning: 324

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Re: Recently returned, trying to find something... 06/26/2011 03:14 PM CDT
With SOP and SOTT, I think you can go kill the smallest gryphons. Shield might be iffy though...

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Recently returned, trying to find something... 06/26/2011 08:47 PM CDT
The high evasion will make up for the low shield in baby gryphons. You can do probably do young gryphons too, but I wouldn't recommend trying to train shield in there.
Re: Recently returned, trying to find something... 06/27/2011 09:06 PM CDT
Excellent. Thank you both for the insight. I'll go try them out and make sure someone knows where I am. grin

Someone also mentions genis, but I'll work my way up a bit to get used to the new stuff.

Look forward to seeing you guys around a bit.
Re: Recently returned, trying to find something... 06/30/2011 09:08 AM CDT
Timber, just to give you an idea. I can hunt 4 young gryphons with my badger dance going and I have VERY similiar skills as you. My primary weapon is a little higher along with my parry. Otherwise, our skills are right in line. If you're in Shard and looking for a hunting partner, come find me!

Master Barbarian Slaydo, Soldier of Ilithi
Re: Recently returned, trying to find something... 06/30/2011 10:55 AM CDT
agi/ref would be good to know, but I'd agree that Baby Gryphons should work. If you can handle Fledgling/Young Gryphons in the Eyrie, they'll move your stealths for a whiles still if you just lock shield at Babies and move into the Eyrie after.

If you want to play it slightly safer and backtrain boxes/shield both, Orc Bandits just outside would work as well.
Re: Recently returned, trying to find something... 07/05/2011 02:23 PM CDT
This is excellent advice. My reflex is 50 and agi is 48. I have a little issues with Young Gryphons, although when I tried I didn't have SOP / SOTT up - wasn't paying attention just exploring around. Haha. But they didn't tear me up to death, just beat me up and had to leave before I wanted to.

However, I find I can still lock evasion/parry/MO/ME and get shield moving a bit, then I work on brawling and shield with bandits/warcats. That also helps me get some exp with disarm. All-in-all, it's a great area for the range I'm in and I think I'll be around Rossman's for awhile!