Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 07:26 AM CST
I'm looking for a critter around the level of easiest gryphons, but skin able and box dropping. Does such a critter exist? I was looking through the bestiary without a ton of success. Everything 'good' seems skins only.

I'd even take boxes over skins, since skinning is set for a while.
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 07:38 AM CST
One of the orc and warcat areas in Rossman's?
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 08:48 AM CST
I've never tried Rossmans, worth a go. It was on the list as a possible.

Is there not a healer in Rossmans?
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 09:22 AM CST
>>Is there not a healer in Rossmans?

I don't believe so, but if you aren't too beat up Theren is just across the rope bridge, and Haven is an easy swim down the river if you can't make it across the ropes. It's a pain to get back if you don't have the Athletics to get back up the river though.

Another place that might work is Adan'f south of Shard. Warriors can be skinned and they have boxes. The TM of the mages can be painful if you don't have the defenses to avoid it or LW.
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 09:47 AM CST
Orc bandits seem a pretty good fit so far. Thanks all.
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 10:02 AM CST

Orc Bandits and Scouts are the same level. What you need to look at is the vicious warcats which hang out with the scouts vs. the long toothed warcats which hang out with the bandits. Fair bit of difference between those two. You also will have to consider the warcat's hypnotize. It can really slow things down for you.

Vote!
It does a toon good.
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 10:19 AM CST
While adanf sound perfect, the special attacks make them out of whack.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 11:00 AM CST
I've resisted hypnotize from the cats with bandits so far.
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 11:34 AM CST
<<While adanf sound perfect, the special attacks make them out of whack.

I've hunted blood warriors/shadow mages in recent times and the special attacks are not out of whack anymore, although I believe they were at one point. It's more than possible to completely avoid the blood warrior trip out of hiding well before they stop teaching, and the shadow mage weapon steal on death is completely avoidable now with a registered weapon. The shadow mage Dinazen Olkar attack also never caused me issues, and I can't even remember their Mental Blast ever actually hitting. This is as a Moon Mage, so a survival tertiary may have a bit more issues avoiding the trip attack due to lower stealth but I didn't have any special defence against the Dinazen Olkar spell and that wasn't an issue at all. I was able to move directly into germish'din after reaching their soft cap.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 11:41 AM CST
Honestly none of that sounds like something I want to deal with when bandits and cats work great.
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 11:45 AM CST
IIRC I want to say it was DO that was giving problems before. Good to know it was fixed. It's been a while.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Boxes and skins 02/12/2016 12:38 PM CST
When first moving into the area I've found that the mage's DO is a bit more accurate than their physical attacks, and takes off a bit more vit when it does hit. The only other issue is they do have a special attack that will instantly kill you if you dip below 40% vitality. That can be pretty annoying.