Between Warcats and Gryphons 09/24/2014 03:07 PM CDT
So, I'm looking for something to ease me into gryphons.

Relevant defenses ~220-240

Still catching up tertiary weapons to gryphon level, but with 4 gryphons on me, I tend to get beat up rather quickly. Ultimately, I'd like to transition to forest geni for boxes, but I need to find something to bridge the gap.

Giant black leucros hardly taught at all. Any other options in that range? I believe bandits are a bit tougher than gryphons. Perhaps elder brocket deer are what I'm looking for?
Re: Between Warcats and Gryphons 09/24/2014 03:17 PM CDT
Giant blight ogres are exactly in that range if you're willing to hunt in P5.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Between Warcats and Gryphons 09/24/2014 03:19 PM CDT
Yep, that's not a problem -- I'll give them a shot. Thanks.
Re: Between Warcats and Gryphons 09/24/2014 08:25 PM CDT
I find bandits/warcats to be slightly easier than gryphons, provided you can resist the calm spell.
Re: Between Warcats and Gryphons 09/25/2014 07:29 AM CDT
>I find bandits/warcats to be slightly easier than gryphons, provided you can resist the calm spell.

This, even after capping bandits/warcats gryphons still weren't really a feasible option due to being hit too often, after bandits/warcats, island peccs were a better solution and an easier transition.

Amiron says, "Even a mute would have said something about this amount of people being about."
Re: Between Warcats and Gryphons 09/25/2014 04:42 PM CDT
Depending on buffs and location. I use Oshu to get that middle ranks easy. Aesry sucks though

[00:15] Chatter[Uzmam] Damian just wants to beat up dancers, what a bully
[00:15] Chatter[Morpion] Wait for them outside the club at 3 am?
[00:15] Chatter[Damian] i enjoy making them scream with pure terror
Re: Between Warcats and Gryphons 09/26/2014 01:29 AM CDT
Adan'f Blood Warriors/Shadow Mages are good to start with around those defensive ranks and 40+ Disc to resist the Mental Blast.

If you act like prey, do not blame me for acting like the predator I am.
DR_Shaidval @ AIM
Re: Between Warcats and Gryphons 09/26/2014 02:08 PM CDT
Grizzled Red Leucros in Undergondola or actually you are ready for Forest Geni too. I am training up my lower weapons right now with Genies and they are at the 200 mark.

Rhadyn da Dwarb
Re: Between Warcats and Gryphons 09/26/2014 05:02 PM CDT
Rock guardians are another good pre-gryphon critter (but no skinning). Frostweyr bears are pretty good too.

-- Player of Eyuve