WTH, box dropping mobs 07/23/2014 07:14 PM CDT
Right now I'm hunting Elder Brocket Deer, which moves everything but my Shield(barely makes it to 2/34 at 247 ranks no matter how many are on me) to train, and heading over to Orc Scouts(which still move my weapons but train my defenses very poorly) to pick up boxes. Is there a good box dropping mob I could train off of with these ranks so I don't have to essentially make two hunting trips to lock all my skills, or is what I'm currently doing with deer and scouts pretty much my best bet until I can open a higher tier of boxes? Orc Bandits teach pretty well but I can't open their boxes quite yet.

Paladin with:

Strength : 40 Reflex : 30
Agility : 30 Charisma : 19
Discipline : 30 Wisdom : 25
Intelligence : 25 Stamina : 30

Shield Usage: 247
Plate Armor: 243
Defending: 229
Parry Ability: 204
Evasion: 200

Large Edged: 200
Crossbow: 163
Heavy Thrown: 198
Melee Mastery: 187
Missile Mastery: 200
Targeted Magic: 177

Perception: 200
Locksmithing: 161
Skinning: 172
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/23/2014 07:28 PM CDT
Orc bandit boxes should be pretty close to your skill, actually. Try them again in five ranks or so.
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/23/2014 07:47 PM CDT
I hadn't tried their boxes in 3-4 ranks and just went and grabbed one and opened it with no problems doing everything carefully. I thought the boxes were much harder than that and I sat there trying to find the trap for a solid 10 minutes on the last one I tried.

Can't resist any of the long-fanged warcats hypnotize spells even with Lay Ward up which is super annoying, but better than making two hunting trips just to lock my skills.
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/23/2014 09:41 PM CDT
>Can't resist any of the long-fanged warcats hypnotize spells even with Lay Ward up which is super annoying, but better than making two hunting trips just to lock my skills.

Charisma's probably hurting you on that count. Takes quite a hefty amount(30-40?) to resist it all the time.

Bandit boxes are good to 197+.

Should be able to jump from them to gryphons nearby, as well.
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/23/2014 09:50 PM CDT
Pretty sure the hypnotize is Discipline/Int/Wis. I went from resisting none of the vicious warcats to resisting all of their casts when I hit 30 discipline. And I actually used a Safari potion to redo my stats and lost 6 charisma and still resist all of the Vicious Warcats with the same Disc/Int/Wis stats from before, with 6 less charisma.
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/23/2014 10:07 PM CDT
Charisma is only used in offensive stat contests (it plays a role in Charm, Spirit, and the non-magical Fear attacks), none of the defenses.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/23/2014 10:19 PM CDT
I stand corrected!

I'd bumped my charisma for other reasons and started resisting them consistently. Maybe I boosted something else as well and just forgot.
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/24/2014 02:43 PM CDT
Blight ogres out in Boar Clan is another option that would work perfectly for you, probably the Stumpy ones if not the Giant. They also are Cursed, opening up your options against undead, etc. Lach's in Shard would also work great, but only if you want to go through the trouble of the puzzle to get in. Can go straight from:
Giant Blight Ogers in Boar Clan
to
Adan'f in Shard

Keeping your Cursed/skin/boxes desires going.

If you act like prey, do not blame me for acting like the predator I am.
DR_Shaidval @ AIM
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/24/2014 09:32 PM CDT
Giant Blight Ogres are great, thanks. They don't drop as many boxes as Orcs, but that is a small price to pay for not having to deal with that annoying hypnotize that I can't resist yet.
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/25/2014 05:15 PM CDT
Welcome to hunt with me in the "center" area anytime and scoop up my boxes, although you might have to fight Sors for them. ;) Welcome to Boar Clan!

If you act like prey, do not blame me for acting like the predator I am.
DR_Shaidval @ AIM
Re: WTH, box dropping mobs 07/25/2014 08:36 PM CDT
I actually grabbed like 12 boxes the second you you left yesterday when I first showed up to try the area and you were in the middle room. But don't tell Sors.