Adan'f Shadow Mages 07/14/2014 03:43 PM CDT
Are these still basically unhuntable? I remember before I quit when 3.0 first dropped they were one of the mobs with a really broken TM spell(Dinazen Olkar in this case) that would just wreck even people who severely outclassed them.
Re: Adan'f Shadow Mages 07/14/2014 03:50 PM CDT
Lay ward should negate just about all single target critter casting.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Adan'f Shadow Mages 07/14/2014 03:54 PM CDT
>>Lay ward should negate just about all single target critter casting.

:(

Kinda funny how the two innocent AP barrier spells are the two most overpowered* barrier spells and it's not even that close. I guess it's better than if only one guild had them...

-Raesh

*Lay Ward isn't really to blame, it's simply exploiting a limitation of the current creature casting logic in such a way that it's draw back (compared to more restrictive integrity barriers) is meaningless in a PvE setting.
Re: Adan'f Shadow Mages 07/14/2014 04:22 PM CDT
>Kinda funny how the two innocent AP barrier spells are the two most overpowered* barrier spells and it's not even that close. I guess it's better than if only one guild had them...
>Lay Ward isn't really to blame, it's simply exploiting a limitation of the current creature casting logic in such a way that it's draw back (compared to more restrictive integrity barriers) is meaningless in a PvE setting.

I prefer hunting spellcasting mobs to NMU critters but if you don't have lay ward or a pretty substantial magic ward hunting sessions don't last long - especially with the chance for them to hit even when your defenses outclass them. Critter magic is pretty brutal.

But yeah LW and MAF are no-brainers to learn until they get reviewed haha.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Adan'f Shadow Mages 07/14/2014 05:07 PM CDT
>>*Lay Ward isn't really to blame, it's simply exploiting a limitation of the current creature casting logic in such a way that it's draw back (compared to more restrictive integrity barriers) is meaningless in a PvE setting.

I assume that logic is the same reason they keep casting spells at me while they're out of [pseudo?-]mana?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Adan'f Shadow Mages 07/14/2014 10:11 PM CDT
Yup.

Caster creature logic needs some improvements...

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose