Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/25/2013 08:47 AM CST
I know deer are presently borked, having zero defense. I noticed this:

>circ
The brocket deer keeps a careful eye on you as you try to circle it.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Which teaches my barb zero tactics. They presently train defenses quite well, skinning and Debilitation too (oddly?). If I'm reading this properly, it seems that zero defenses makes a target immune to tactics maneuvering?
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/25/2013 10:36 AM CST
I don't think deer have literally zero defense.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/25/2013 01:52 PM CST
What is your tactics? Tactics is a combat skill just like any other, if it's too high for the critter you're facing, you won't learn.
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/25/2013 02:37 PM CST
My barbs tactics are 150, well within the training range for these. I can train tactics using the same routine on fens swamp trolls/peccaries, and baby gryphons.

And I dunno if it's zero defenses or near zero defenses; I cannot train any weapon on them above 150 ranks, but can train SB, which I have 2 ranks of. So, fine, 'their defenses are set very very low, much lower than they should be'.
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/25/2013 03:30 PM CST
I posted about them not teaching weapons the day of 3.0 and Kodius responded to that thread saying they knew about it and were going to get a fix out when they could. It's not a bug with tactics, it's just their defense settings were messed up with the 3.0 conversion and they're teaching 100+ weapon ranks below what they normally would(their offense doesn't seem to have been messed with too much, as they were still teaching me defenses).
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/25/2013 11:50 PM CST
The issue I see is that I should be able to successfully circle them, but I cannot. There was a bug where someone could have very high defenses (impossible to hit I believe?) if they stanced to 0, so I'm wondering if this tactics bug is related to deer being set low.
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/28/2013 10:50 AM CST
And speaking of Elder Brocket Deer, any chance of getting their defenses looked at? They're still appraising as remarkably below what they used to.
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/29/2013 05:38 AM CST
Look up in the GM announcement folder in this section. Kodius just posted that he fixed deer's defense. If you are still having a problem with them then give some details so they can figure it out.
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/29/2013 06:42 AM CST
before i run over there, has a fix been put in platside for deer as well?

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/29/2013 06:48 AM CST
>>before i run over there, has a fix been put in platside for deer as well?

I think they are still waiting to patch us as a whole along with all the other things we need. Just waiting for them to have time after getting TF on it's 3.0 feet.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/29/2013 08:37 AM CST
They're back! Yay! Thanks Kodius.

Incidentally, now that they're defenses have been raised, I can circle them successfully, whereas before, I couldn't.
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/29/2013 08:53 AM CST
>>I think they are still waiting to patch us as a whole along with all the other things we need. Just waiting for them to have time after getting TF on it's 3.0 feet.

As far as I know Deer have been fixed in Plat for months. I'm very sure that a GM (Socharis?) did some scripto-magic that fixed all those critter imbalances forever ago.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/29/2013 09:22 AM CST
>>As far as I know Deer have been fixed in Plat for months. I'm very sure that a GM (Socharis?) did some scripto-magic that fixed all those critter imbalances forever ago.

Gah! You're totally right. I blame me for posting from work on what should have been my day off. Brain took it off anyway.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Elder Brocket Deer - Possible Cross Tactics bug? 01/29/2013 07:57 PM CST
Deer should be fixed everywhere. Let me know if they break again.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes